20 gallon high or long???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm finally getting to start a saltwater tank and was wondering which 20 gallon tank would be the best option...I'm mostly looking to do lps corals and I might get a goby and shrimp and I will have a CUC but other than that I don't really have any plans for any other fish...also how much filtration would I need for this sized tank....so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't call a 20H a tall tank :p. It is only 16" tall which is still quite shallow. But the longer tank gives you more room. I have a 20H and I love it but I'd do the 20 long

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

the larger the footprint, the larger the surface area available to BB in/on the substrate as well as more surface area for gaseous exchange.
Whenever possible you should always opt for the tank that has the largest footprint you can accommodate. Actually surface area should be a primary consideration over tank volume in gallons.
That is one reason why the 40B size is so popular, it offers a lot of surface area relative to it's volume and the same applies to the 20 long.

Alright thank you guys for your help

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah. Those are commonly referred to as "Tao Panels" on here. A lot of people have them. They will support anything and everything you want.

Back
Top Bottom