20 gallon long diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a Wendtii variant in my guess. Some Wendtii's get 15" tall, and there are dozens of variants.

Ciliata is a very vertical plant, with very long leaves. Ciliata leaves do not terminate at the start like that, the umm, the fold back you see... the top of a heart shape. Rather, they go smoothly back into the petiole.

Get the Java Fern Rhizomes (the base root looking piece the leaves pop up off of) out of the substrate or they will eventually rot. ;) Tie it to a small rock or piece of wood.

Tall?

The whole plant is maybe 3" tall. Plus, cialita seems to have much smoother edges than the ripply ones I have here.

I have 2x18 watt T5 bulbs. One Coralife Colormax and the other 6700K full spectrum.

Well I mean compared to C. Wendtii that is tall, wendtii comes maybe any inch if that off the ground, that seems more like a mid-ground not fore-ground plant.

OH OH! Found it, it's Crypt Walkeri.

Almost idenitical to wendtii, only difference is from the upright growth of the Walkeri compared to the wendtii.

I found it lol :D

Ooh, I didn't know that about java ferns. I should pay closer attention.

The pics are at an angle to show the leaves better. The leaves are almost horizontal.

inc1e0.jpg

That isn't Beckettii. Beckettii is leaner longer leaves, I keep it, it looks nothing like that.

Wendtii clumps stand straight up, only some of the variants lay down.

i was just throwing stuff out there all i really know is that its a crypt LOL

It's almost impossible to positively identify a crypt unless you can get it to flower. They can be very variable depending on the conditions that they are grown in and can be easily confused with other varieties. I would just call it a crypt sp. and not worry about a definate ID unless you're lucky enough to get it to flower.

and the verdict is Queen purrbox (from the pic i dont know if you are female or not) has decreed crypt sp. Sounds good to me!

What's sp?

I added some moneywort and a few crypt wendtii this evening.

The moneywort came in a bunch, with several separate plants banded together. I unbanded them and planted each separately. This is OK, right?

What's sp?

I added some moneywort and a few crypt wendtii this evening.

The moneywort came in a bunch, with several separate plants banded together. I unbanded them and planted each separately. This is OK, right?

sp. means species, she is just saying it's a crypt in general.

We want some pics :D

That's fine how you planted that, that's actually a good thing because it will make it grow out more evenly.

Pictures, finally!

I just did some pruning. The corkscrew val especially was all over the top of the tank.

I have three Corydoras schwartzi, four green tiger barbs, and two otos. I'm thinking of adding a pair of Siamese algae eaters to take care of the green hair algae that seems to be growing on a lot of the stuff.

I love having plants. Three weeks without a water change and my nitrates were only 5 ppm. Everybody seems happy and healthy.

Here's a shot of my crazy cories, arranged tail-to-tail in a perfect triangle.

img_957540_0_7c8a5ed70fcd2fd76251b19ef98a000f.jpg

And here's a long shot of the tank.

img_957540_1_1f46acef3430d037697c4b9dc635ab04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom