20 Gallon Long Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dosed ammonia to 4ppm at 3pm, went shopping, came home at 10pm and I tested 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, 60 nitrate. I think my nitrates were low because of the amount of live rock I originally started with.

I also got about 15lbs more live rock. I'll be working on a scape later today or tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Now I'm just looking at corals.. I want to keep soft corals like leathers and polyps and maybe an anemone or two.

I keep reading about PAR outputs and I'm not sure what I'll be able to keep..

I have a 30inch Coralife T5 HO fixture with the standard 10,000k and actinic bulb. Is this strong enough to grow softies and and take care of an anemone?

you could do softies with 1 but 2 fixtures would expand your options some , you could look into some lps , hammers torch candy canes bubble coral ect
I did keep polyps under 1 fixture but after I added a second the growth increased and I started adding in LPS
look forward to see your set up

Could my second fixture be a normal output 2 bulb fixture? If so, what temperature bulbs?

Added a T5 dual strip.. 10000k and colormax bulb and successfully did my first water change! Rescaped again and I think I'm sticking with this.. Corals should be in around 10:30!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406632718.622804.jpg

Picked up two beautiful ocellaris clowns and two blue legged hermits last night.. Pics coming this evening!

Awesome cant wait to see them!

Trying to get a picture of a clownfish is like......... doing something really really hard.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407077415.879709.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407077454.653228.jpg

Aw so cute! :) I love clowns, can't wait to see how your tank turns out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

mine are more a big P I T A than a fun fish ,
either they bite me or pull apart everything I just spent hours getting set up coral wise ,
all I know is they keep it up they are going in the 37 g below
I yell my head of at a stupid fish lol
img_3008118_0_6f344017d8bc39476885719d09a375c3.jpg

mine are more a big P I T A than a fun fish ,
either they bite me or pull apart everything I just spent hours getting set up coral wise ,
all I know is they keep it up they are going in the 37 g below
I yell my head of at a stupid fish lol
img_3008832_0_6f344017d8bc39476885719d09a375c3.jpg

Sounds like you need some coral glue lol

glue don't work they'll move the whole dang rock ,
if only they were like the clarkie I just lost than things wouldn't be so bad,
he used to move things too than I was on to him how he thought ,so I put things on the side I didn't like and he would move it to where I wanted it in the first place

Have any of you had trouble with your clowns not taking to pellets? Mine get interested in them then decide the pellets aren't worth investigating.. Should I keep trying to feed them and let them do their thing?

Back
Top Bottom