20 Gallon Long Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kordon's Ich Attack.. It sounds like it does a little more than just add slime coat

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's sounds like I'll be setting up a qt tonight after work... Copper dosing sounds like the most effective way if it's done right

Qt is up.. I'll be getting the fish in tonight then raising both tank temperatures up to about 81* and then dosing the 10 gallon qt.. Hopefully everything goes smoothly

Update: the Nox Ich looks like it's doing its job! I brought the display tank back to 78*.. I'm going to keep my clowns in the qt for two weeks to let the ick run its course and starve itself out.

Update: the Nox Ich looks like it's doing its job! I brought the display tank back to 78*.. I'm going to keep my clowns in the qt for two weeks to let the ick run its course and starve itself out.

You need to leave the display sallow for ~10 weeks for the parasite to die off, 2 weeks isn't going to do it.

We're going on week 4! I just put together a DIY sump/refugium for the tank and I'll be doing some leak and water movement testing soon!

Refugium is holding well.. I added about 5 inches of sand and some live rock rubble.. I'm working on a DIY overflow right now!

I tested out the overflow on the tank and ran water from the sump to the tank and back but it looks like the Aqueon QuietFlow 1700 submersible pump is a little too strong of a pump.. I'm getting a ball valve to try and regulate the flow.. Even on the lowest setting, the pump is too strong.

if i put a ball valve on mine it would just drip like out of sink when you forget to close it tight,
my pumps a 1200gph but sure dont seem like it it barley moves the surface water

Sniper- I have really noticed that.. since installing the valve the pump has quieted immensely(not that it made much noise before).

Seaweed- I've read about that happening to more than a couple people.. I definitely kept the receipt just in case! But as of now, everything looking to be holding well.

Week number 8! It's almost time and I can almost see the life back in the tank.. It's been pretty easy to perfect the aquascape with no one in there.. I also upgraded to 4 t5HO lights

I've actually run across a 30 gallon aquarium.. I would love the extra room and stocking options so I think the 20L will go to raising demasoni cichlid fry.. not sure where the "nano" cut off is but I think I'll be starting a thread for the 30!

Back
Top Bottom