20 Gallon restocking, does this sound viable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PackerBacker

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A place where local water is great for...guppies.
I previously had a pair of Honduran Cichlids, which promptly bred like rabbits. I have re-homed all 45 of the fish am ready to repopulate.

I was wondering if a tank housing:

6 neon tetras
4 platies (1:3 male to female ratio)
4 small corys

Would make sense for the situation?

I would be interested in incorporating 2 dwarf gouramis if they would fit (or in hearing any alterations that would make it so)

Tank has been established for 7 years, has live plants, and an Emperor 500 filtration system.

Thank you kindly!

That sounds pretty good to me. :> I'd be weary of the dwarf gouramis, I hear they can be aggressive with each other if kept in pairs. You may want to get just one. Can we see some pics of your tank? ;)

+1 Gouramis can be temperamental. Some get along, others kill each other. I think I'd only stick one in the tank you have laid out above. I would also add a couple more cories. You might want to rethink the male platy unless you want to deal with a lot of fry.

Just read my oops thread. Gourami that I have to rehome this afternoon for going nuts he went nuts on my husband's angels. I do have 2 orange platties, he chased them around and nipped at them occationaly but if you got good cover for the most part they should escape. Just beaware to not put any long finned fish in, at least that's what I've read last night.

Neons should be kept in groups of 7 or more ideally so I would add one more. I think adding one dwarf gourami to that stock list would be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom