20 Gallon Stock Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well corylover is more of the cory expert lol, but yeah I lowered my water about 3" not sure if it makes a difference. I also have a 12" bubblewand in there.

I have 5 corydoras in my 20g with sand.

And if you have a 29g, and your corys are fine, you should be fine. Most corys are born in captivity. If you want a more from the wild look. Try giving the tank a shallow stream or river look=)

I meant inches from the top ...

I'm going to leave it as is unless I see a problem ... All my fish are from Petsmart only place close that has what I want for good price I can't afford ordering and any local owned is at least 30 min away or more

I meant inches from the top ...

I'm going to leave it as is unless I see a problem ... All my fish are from Petsmart only place close that has what I want for good price I can't afford ordering and any local owned is at least 30 min away or more

★If you haven't had problems, then you could leave it. I lowered my water 3 inches from the top cause I want a more shallow river look. But I am working on getting more sand.

Krissy is the bubblewand laying along the bottom or down the side?

★My bubble wand is laying on the bottom of my tank in the back corner.

I love having sand it was cheap play sand the bag filled my 29g and 20 g just enough after I rinsed t several times and only took a few hours to settle I love how cory cats leave tiny pits all over it

I love having sand it was cheap play sand the bag filled my 29g and 20 g just enough after I rinsed t several times and only took a few hours to settle I love how cory cats leave tiny pits all over it

Though I would like sand and plan to use it in my next tank, this tank has typical colorful gravel/rocks from the pet store.

Not really just take out fish put in a tub or something with heater air and filter . Or diff tank... Then take out 2/3 water get out all gravel. Rinse sand in bucket stir and dump til clear add to tank add wter slow add filter wait a few hours til clear and add back fish . That's what I did

Just don't forget I rinse stir and dump fast til its clear my dad didnt rinse at all and his took over a week to settle

Update to Stock plan 20g high tank

I added a couple albino corys today as well as some neons and another red eye tetra. I also got some duck weed.

ForumRunner_20131010_095325.jpg

According to AQadvisor Im at 85% capacity and 179% filtration capacity.

Id like to add a couple more corys, another neon, and another red eye next week.

Thoughts? Should these fish live well together?

Neons don't do as well in temperatures cory like . I keep my tank at 78 or above for cory cat

Neons don't do as well in temperatures cory like . I keep my tank at 78 or above for cory cat

I'm almost positive neons and cories prefer cooler temps from 72-78. Cardinal tetras are usually the warmer water fish while neons prefer cooler temps. Needless to say neons can be a pain as they aren't always the healthiest of fish. If you 100% want neons make sure you find out how long the store has had them and only get healthy guys.

I'm almost positive neons and cories prefer cooler temps from 72-78. Cardinal tetras are usually the warmer water fish while neons prefer cooler temps. Needless to say neons can be a pain as they aren't always the healthiest of fish. If you 100% want neons make sure you find out how long the store has had them and only get healthy guys.

Im actually on my second school of neons. 4 out of my first 5 died from swim bladder within 24 hours. Since one lived I didnt want him to be alone. Petco exchanged for free. As it turns out I bought them on Wed and they came in on Tues. This batch I bought on Thurs so they had a couple days in the store tank. I keep the tank at 78 and everything I've read says thats an acceptable temp (high end of range) for neons (and corys).

Sounds good and careful with the duckweed, stuff grows like wildfire lol. The stock looks fine other than bulking the cories to 4 and adding a couple more tetras to beef up the school.

I have a school of 11 neons with my 2albino cory and 3 juli cory =) they all get along. And my temp is usually 84° F since I live in hawaii, acclimating takes patience. And sometimes they don't make it. I lost 2 neon tetra and a spotted cory to this hobby, my betta passed naturally.
Hoping for healthy fish if the best you can do, wish they would let you scoop your own fish at petco lol

Back
Top Bottom