20 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It will be my fist saltwater tank and I want the fish to be bright and pretty and easy to take care of. Any suggestions

A pair of clowns are awesome! Um gobies, blennies, royal gramma, firefish, cardinal fish are all fish that are ok in a 20. I would stay away from damsels, they are little jerks. There are also tons of interesting inverts you could put in there as well.

I wouldn't recommend cardinals in a tank that small. But some can make it work. Are you looking for a reef tank? If so, I would get fish with personalities instead of color. Some hawkfish are small enough and add fun to any tank. Also a pair of clowns being hosted by any lps coral is a wonderful sight. Also a goby and tiger pistol shrimp not only add color but an interesting aspect to an aquarium. As said above, invertebrates are usually the main showpiece in nanos. Skunk cleaners, arrow crabs, etc are very cool. So IMO it's better to get the beautiful colors from the corals and the personality from the inverts and fish in nano tanks.

I wouldn't recommend cardinals in a tank that small. But some can make it work. Are you looking for a reef tank? If so, I would get fish with personalities instead of color. Some hawkfish are small enough and add fun to any tank. Also a pair of clowns being hosted by any lps coral is a wonderful sight. Also a goby and tiger pistol shrimp not only add color but an interesting aspect to an aquarium. As said above, invertebrates are usually the main showpiece in nanos. Skunk cleaners, arrow crabs, etc are very cool. So IMO it's better to get the beautiful colors from the corals and the personality from the inverts and fish in nano tanks.
yea I'm planning on getting a reef tank ad thanks

A pair of clowns are awesome! Um gobies, blennies, royal gramma, firefish, cardinal fish are all fish that are ok in a 20. I would stay away from damsels, they are little jerks. There are also tons of interesting inverts you could put in there as well.
thanks I will look into those

Back
Top Bottom