20 gallon tear down and rebuild.11/30/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhhh i was thinking about posting pictures today actually. i was playing around with it a bit and clouded up the water unfortunatly so i will probably take them tomorrow night. or maybe i will make a post at like 3 in the morning.... u never know. i am still waiting for it to grow in a bit more. my moss isnt quite thick enough yet. and i want some of the other plants to get a bit larger. its looking nice though. its super low maintence. its co2 injected but i dont dose anything. just good lights and co2. very differnt scape than i normally do. i will get pics up eventually dont u worry lol.

well i figure this tank was due for an update. its looking good. water has been clear. plants growing well. i have been getting some green spot so i uped my phosphate a bit. l.repens "rubin"(sorry r.killing lol)has been growing so well and just looks stunning. glosso is filling in and hydrocotly is growing like crazy. i also have a random stem of hygro polysperma that i guess was left in there and decided to grow again. here it is...
img_732001_0_aed8e4473cab4a524f3ec29c6aa18a46.jpg

img_732001_1_c1f9b1a90ec64a9dd7eff723cc4de9d7.jpg

tons of runners coming off of the l.rpens.
img_732001_2_46ae7dc4306fc053eabe35afe77622a1.jpg

i just liked this shot...
img_732001_3_46be24ea9fda59842fb104a3d51dde5a.jpg

are you sure thats not Ludwigia glandulosa. My Ludwigia repens has never been that red. I sure wish it was.

BTW, that tank is looking very beautiful. The difference in greens and having that deep red really stands out. EXCELLENT!

its ledwig repens "rubin" all plants seem to like going red in my tank. that is regular hygro polysperma on the left but if i took a closer pic it is actually all red on the tops aswell. thanks for the compliments. any suggestons for it? i am always willing to chage it around if someone can convince me of a better layout.

You left the "rubin" part out of the other post. LOL. You got me on that one. I guess I am on a 'rubin' hunt now, thanks.

lol sorry. i fixed it for ya :) i have a few other red plants in there aswell but they are kinda overshadowed by the larger leaves of the l.repens.

Beautiful!
What's the short little red plant at the very front right? I must have one!

i believe it is l.palustrius just a clippng. i threw it up there so it could grow out. behind it is a red crypt aswell. i need to spread out the reds. i have them all bunched up the centre of the tank. i want to fill the back gap with the l.repens and then let the palustrius grow out in the middle.

Man your color is nice. Is that Bacopa australis between the L. repens "Rubin" and H. polysperma? Both you and GlenC need to show off more. :)

just some updates. glosso is doing good. spreading well and keeping really low. i got some dwarf hair grass from waterpond and it is starting to spread out through glosso. i am going to break it up some and fill in the front right corner. i moved the pot and driftwood a bit to creat more of an opening on the left side. u can see wher eit was before casue the glosso stops lol. tell me what u think.
img_740361_0_03f690a6ab52cb6df99e868335c28785.jpg

img_740361_1_8e792e6869f40515b0b65ae8ef3b5f66.jpg

img_740361_2_220390c7a5823657937ac9680ea6c9dd.jpg

thanks rich :) if u click on the glosso pic and zoom in on the right hand side half way up u can see the runners of the dwarf hair grass spreading through the glosso. i really really like the hairgrass. i just need to find a home for that huge anubias nana floating around. i cant bring myself to throw it out but i just dont have room for it.

thanks drobertson. i was blessed with that l.repens rubin and it just always looks beautiful. it grows very fast and just never seems to loose its colout. the longer it stays in the water the redder it gets. u can see the colour difference between old and new growth its very facinating. althouhg the h.polysperma is making me nervous on the left side. it took over last time so i am trying to trim and keep it in check this time.

Looking great Mrfunk, the L. Repens rubin looks really full and just gorgeous colour, glosso is looking great as well, outstanding :)

Back
Top Bottom