20 gallon tear down and rebuild.11/30/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr funktastic said:
i just need to find a home for that huge anubias nana floating around. i cant bring myself to throw it out but i just dont have room for it.

hmm, i wonder what could be done with that ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tank looks amazing alex. I'm glad that the hairgrass is doing well for you. It just gets taller i my tank, starting to looks very unattractive.
Glosso looks good too, mine is starting to really take off and is forming a very nice carpet. I accidentaly ripped up one side of my carpet so it looks horrible. I can beleive how vivid the colours are!

I am deathly jealous. That's the best glosso I've seen!

I have an anubias tank, if you're still looking for a home for yours :D

lol shipping would kill u for the anubias. to the states is just brutal and with these temperatures it just wouldnt last. and water pond i already sent u a peice of it lol. i think i will just give it to my local fish store. same with my next pruning. i want them to have some different species to try. thanks for all the compliments everyone. after christmas i am breaking the tank down. it will be turning into my new 46 gal bow. i will finally have some room to use. i hope it will be just as stunning.

lol i just need to move my equipment around. my filter is pretty much hidden by the lrepens and the heater just needs to move to the left a little aswell. and i am sure that in notime the h.polysperma will be hiding my powerhead. i need to change up the driftwood i have in there now. u cant even se it becasue of the moss lol.

Hey Mr. F, can you build a pipeline for the magical water so I can have some down here? lol. Looks great, love the colors..... (y)

thanks lonewolf. somehow i think the border officials may get a little suspicious of the pipe line lol. i will send u a jar of it for christmas :wink: lol

well i thought i would update this a little. no big changes but a few noticable ones. i removed the pot on the left hand side. replaced it with some rotala. i forget what kind. i need to tame the hygro a little. l.repens is a little over zealous and is outgrowing the tank. glosso is pretty much done its things. and nya thats about it. here it is...

img_748017_0_f4839bee6b96de9224a4f281c08ee08e.jpg

img_748017_1_b480e6f86094a75b8acaf7e4c0ec9bf3.jpg

the rotala i was talking about
img_748017_2_a6259a6bc68f37b10fc2e46d8c94029f.jpg

l.repens
img_748017_3_02ddbb4ff9ab8a4469551094bbae776d.jpg

underwater
img_748017_4_d17181b5e77c1fad4f802cef2aef7930.jpg

this is bacopa in another tank i have. it decided to flower on me. it is super red also on the tops of the stems. i can see it underwater.
img_748017_5_1d9fda9f8eaa7ae6cbf1ea540bcbad29.jpg

img_748017_6_3176691f63b44dc4b10e48ac6ad42929.jpg

i hope u like em :)

Very cool mr funk, your tank looks great! Love your reds and that bacopa flower is just to cool. Mine hasn't flowered for me, nice work!

thanks everyone. as for the flower... just let it hit the surface. as it grows across the surface it send out little strait stems and then the flowers form on the end. i see 3 or 4 more about to flower aswell. this plant is to flimsy to actuall break the surface so as it grows across it turns super red and flowers. really neat little purple flower though. i will be doing a fairly big trimming tomorrow hopefully and will update with some new pics. the hydrocotyl grows like crazy and makes a cool floating plant though. the anubias is growing well to but is far to large to leave floating.

Back
Top Bottom