20 Long Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well after looking when I got home the heater stays on all the time. Temp is at 80.2. I calibrated the heater again when I got home it was off quite a bit. There is a 5 degree difference between the ambient room and the tank, of course my ceiling fan is going. Amazon currently has 100 watt Aqueon Pro heaters for $25 which has free shipping. Will be upgrading. Will use the Eheim Jager for warming saltwater for water changes. Thanks to all for the advice.

Here are the tank params for tonight:

Temp:79
Specific Gravity: 1.025
Ph: 7.8 (is this low?)
Alk: 8
Ammonia: 0 (dosed back up to 4ppm)
Nitrite: 10
Nitrate: 10
Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 440

Dose the Ph seem a little to low to anone else?
I have also been thinking of stocking here in the last few days and here is what I am thinking right now:

1-Maroon Clownfish
1-Firefish
1-Yellow Clown Goby
1-Six Line Wrasse (maybe)

Still working on inverts and coral selection.

PH is a little low. Try to get a lil more surface agitation. As for stock list I would say 3 fish is pushing the stocking limits. Imo you should pick 2 fish for this tank especially if you have corals planned in the future.

Mrc8858 said:
PH is a little low. Try to get a lil more surface agitation. As for stock list I would say 3 fish is pushing the stocking limits. Imo you should pick 2 fish for this tank especially if you have corals planned in the future.

Easy choice then. Maroon clown and yellow clown goby. What will the extra surface agitation do?

Refugiums help out also to stabalize PH since your PH will drop in the dark you can run your fuge light during night hours to keep the PH at consistent levels

Mrc8858 said:
Refugiums help out also to stabalize PH since your PH will drop in the dark you can run your fuge light during night hours to keep the PH at consistent levels

Cool info. Thanks! Will have to look into adding that sump after all.

I have a maroon. Mine is pretty cool, but he can be aggressive. He is defiantly the tank bully. Definitely no other clowns if the maroon is in there. I have 2 percs in addition to the maroon and they are confined to one small part of the tank. If they come too far out he rushes them. I am thinking about getting rid of mine because of this. He also tries to bite my fox face lo.

bioteacher said:
I have a maroon. Mine is pretty cool, but he can be aggressive. He is defiantly the tank bully. Definitely no other clowns if the maroon is in there. I have 2 percs in addition to the maroon and they are confined to one small part of the tank. If they come too far out he rushes them. I am thinking about getting rid of mine because of this. He also tries to bite my fox face lo.

Lol hardcore

So I have a bunch of stuff growing out of my live rock, I think the last pics are Aiptasia, but what is the stuff in the actinic pics?

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 107
Could they be star polyps? Hard to tell under actinics. Could you get a picture under full light?

bioteacher said:
Could they be star polyps? Hard to tell under actinics. Could you get a picture under full light?

I will try to take a better picture as soon as I get home.

Back
Top Bottom