20 long stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, sorry. I just realized you said "either otos or danios" but I read "8 otos or danios/" Oops. Ignore that part.

I just moved the rams into the 20 gallon from QT and they are doing great! Now I have to decide what else to get.

I am on my way to the LFS. I am thinking of getting 6 neon tetras and one more glowlight tetra. What do you think? Could I still get otto's or cories after that?

Personally, I would get danios rather than neons. Since danios school higher in the tank, they would make it look more balanced.
Otos would still be fine IMO. If you want corys, I only suggest only getting like 3-4 and then keeping an eye our for nipped fins from the rams. Since your rams seem to be a pair, you can't be usre if they will be ok with corys down there or not.

Personally, I would get danios rather than neons. Since danios school higher in the tank, they would make it look more balanced.
Otos would still be fine IMO. If you want corys, I only suggest only getting like 3-4 and then keeping an eye our for nipped fins from the rams. Since your rams seem to be a pair, you can't be usre if they will be ok with corys down there or not.

OK, thanks... the LFS was out of neon and glowlight tetras today anyways... I will get ottos... but how many should I get? and I think if I get danios, I will either get purple passion or celestial pearl danios.

I would choose the purple passion danios if I was you. The cpd can sometimes be a little shy around larger fish.
A trio of otos would be fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom