20 long stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could I get corys or ottos? I don't think any of my LFSs have kuhlie loaches.

I ment to say "cories or kuhlis", not "loaches or kuhlis". Yes, cories are fine. 3 otos would be fine as well.

How many corys if I got them? Which do you think is best out of the three? (Kuhlis, ottos or corys)

The one injured glow-light tetra died. :( now another one is missing in the 20 long... :( I didn't have time to look for it before school. I will when I get home.

Found the remnants of a glow-light today. I guess the school only wants 5? I got two more and now another is missing... I hope it is ok.

I am on my way home from the LFS with two bolivian rams. That's all they had. I am glad I got them. I do not know there gender yet. I never considered getting them because I thought they were too rare to find in my area.

maxwellag said:
I am on my way home from the LFS with two bolivian rams. That's all they had. I am glad I got them. I do not know there gender yet. I never considered getting them because I thought they were too rare to find in my area.

They're harder to sex than other rams

They are pretty young. 1.5 inches long, and not much color yet. They are in the QT and seem to be doing alright. I'm leaving the light off for the first few hours.

I got two about a month and a half ago but I still don't know their sex. However they're getting along fine, do hopefully you'll be ok too!

Sorry, you probably said this awhile back, but I jumped in late to a long thread, so would you mind humoring me and letting me know what else you have in there and what else you are thinking about just in case I have any brilliant, helpful ideas for you? :)

Sorry, you probably said this awhile back, but I jumped in late to a long thread, so would you mind humoring me and letting me know what else you have in there and what else you are thinking about just in case I have any brilliant, helpful ideas for you? :)

LOL sure, I don't mind! Unlike Petsmart and Petco employees, I actually want advice and information from people on here (like you). Yesterday I asked a Petsmart employee what gender their bolivian rams were, and she went on and on about what to put in my tank. She told me to get gouramis and a bunch of other random things that I don't want. LOL

The current stocking is 6 glowlight tetras and two bolivian rams (not sure what gender yet). I was thinking about getting GBRs but bolivians are all I could find. I was considering bottom dwellers like cories...

PetSmart makes me "face-palm" a fair amount. Lol.

I love Bolivians! They are often hardier than gbr anyway, so I think they were a goiod buy. Yours look pretty young, so sexing them will be a bit difficult. I always look at the curve of the belly for mine and it that method has never let me down. But, its much easier to do in person than from a picture.
Corys could be good. You might have some conflict between them and the Bolivians, but you never know. That part is totally up to the temperamnet of the individual rams. If you do decide on corys, I would suggest only 3-4 of the smaller species like julii to minimize the potential for conflict. If the rams seem to be a pair though, I would just skip the corys. But, its all up to you. :)

My mom was begging me to get a balloon belly molly while at the LFS. Should I do it?
I said no to her the first time, but she still wants one.

Back
Top Bottom