200g Plywood Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really. I'm hating fiberglass. I did half of the bottom the other day. The realized sanding it made me itchy (I hate that prickly fiberglass feeling) so I wasn't inclined to keep going. I meant to work today and got lazy. It's getting much easier. I did the top first and it was so hard to do the corners.

it's only when it's sanded that it feels like fiberglass. Otherwise it's just sticky resin. I was just going to throw on a long sleeve shirt while sanding from now on.

if you had duct tape, you could put a peice of duct tape between the gap bettween the opening of the glove and the shirt lol. done it before and it works gret!

When you get the prickly feeling, wash with *cold* water... it will cause your pores to close up and will actually push the fibers out. rinse for a couple of minutes or so and you should be good to go.

I had to deal with a patch bay which had fiberglass covered cables that I literally had to dive into shoulder deep in a room that was at best 95 -100 degrees... long sleeves were not an option... this technique was taught to me and works really well.

When you get in the shower put some menthol shaving cream anywhere you are itching let it stay on for a couple miniutes and rinse. That works the best.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I didn't think this would be bad, I didn't feel that fiberglass itch until I started sanding. Now I know to be more careful.

sadly no. There's not really a point. The fiberglass is baisically clear. once it dries it's just "the shiny stuff is the fiberglass..."/ New one soon. I'm planning on cranking out some stuff this week.

Can this method be for a fresh water tank also.
I noticed on GARF's website that the plywood tank is titled
"Plywood reef aquarium plans"
It's really fascinating to read these posts and follow the progress.
Good luck
Charles

Back
Top Bottom