200g Plywood Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can be freshwater! In fact, most I see are fresh. There's actually very few salty plywood tanks.

Meant to order glass today, went to the aquarium instead :) Love that place. Have a membership. If you can go, go. The tropical exhibit is fun. It's my stocklist all in one tank :mrgreen:

Pictures soon! I promise promise promise! My tang is stressed (again) so we have ich (again) so my concentration is diverted elsewhere. Seems moving things in the tank and then lights out have done a number on the little guy, all ichy last night, discolored this morning. He now has a white ring around his eye, Very strange. He doesn't look good. :(

So i'm googling up a store trying to figure out whats up with my little doot rather than fiberglassing. I also need to clean the carpet around the bedroom for the new tank. My lfs buddy is working today so I'm grabbing live rock and the rest of my order for this uber tank today! If nothing else you get pictures of unboxed shiny equiptment. Mmmmmm. :mrgreen:

Pictures soon! I promise promise promise! My tang is stressed (again) so we have ich (again) so my concentration is diverted elsewhere. Seems moving things in the tank and then lights out have done a number on the little guy, all ichy last night, discolored this morning. He now has a white ring around his eye, Very strange. He doesn't look good. :(

So i'm googling up a store trying to figure out whats up with my little doot rather than fiberglassing. I also need to clean the carpet around the bedroom for the new tank. My lfs buddy is working today so I'm grabbing live rock and the rest of my order for this uber tank today! If nothing else you get pictures of unboxed shiny equiptment. Mmmmmm. :mrgreen:

LOL, anything should suffice!!

As for the fishy, Im sorry and I hope he gets better!!! :-|

I will satisfy the need for pictures possibly this afternoon if you guys are nice. :)

me too. I'm worried. I'm not testing water and doing waterchanges like a mad woman. If we don't do well, I'll have learned my lesson and not try a hippo tang again for a while. I'll be the first coral only reef tank :D

No dice. :(

I dont think it was the tank. Every time I moved something around he'd get ich. I dont think it was helping but I dont think it was the cause. He was happy and fine till I started doing really frequent water changes and lights out for the cyano. Turned the lights on last night to check, ich, turned them on this morning, colorless and divebombing headfirst into the sand. I'm sure it was stress, and i'm sure the tank didn't help, but i dont think that alone killed him. The small tank fluxuates so much, any change could've stressed him. In all honesty, i probably would have quarantined him here anyways since he's so small.

Oh well. I feel i've learned my lesson on this one. :( I dont know if i'll try blue tangs again. I now expect a fury of "i told you so's" like I'm already starting to get but I feel bad enough, so I'd rather we just skip that and move on.

I will go take pictures. Right now. Just for you. Pardon my messy basement and bedroom. I need to clean.

No dice. :(

I dont think it was the tank. Every time I moved something around he'd get ich. I dont think it was helping but I dont think it was the cause. He was happy and fine till I started doing really frequent water changes and lights out for the cyano. Turned the lights on last night to check, ich, turned them on this morning, colorless and divebombing headfirst into the sand. I'm sure it was stress, and i'm sure the tank didn't help, but i dont think that alone killed him. The small tank fluxuates so much, any change could've stressed him. In all honesty, i probably would have quarantined him here anyways since he's so small.

Oh well. I feel i've learned my lesson on this one. :( I dont know if i'll try blue tangs again. I now expect a fury of "i told you so's" like I'm already starting to get but I feel bad enough, so I'd rather we just skip that and move on.

Ironic.. you said blue tangs were totally worth it in my stocking thread and everyone said they are prone to ich lol. It sucks though, if any of my fish get ich I'm gonna go crazy because I'll think my 30-40 dollar fish is going to die. (no, this isn't an "i told you so" xD it's more of a "irony!")

They're beautiful. I think they're worth it. I'm just a little blue right now. I'm feeling a little "fish killery" today so I don't really intend on killing a second one as of now.

This may be semi-irrelevant but how would one treat ich without a QT tank? I know I should make one I just can't because I have too many tanks as it is now :(.

I dosed the food with metronidazole. Seemed to work like a champ. I didn't want to do anything else, i was afraid it would kill the corals. I used garlic and what's baisically fishy antibiotics.

I dosed the food with metronidazole. Seemed to work like a champ. I didn't want to do anything else, i was afraid it would kill the corals. I used garlic and what's baisically fishy antibiotics.

So food + garlic + metronidazole = no ich and no dead inverts?

if they're healthy they can fight it off. when they eat garlic, it goes through their skin and the ich doesnt like it, so it falls off. This doesn't fix the underlying problem however, it will eventually return. same with the metronidazole. but it'll remove it.

PICTURES! For all you nutty fans!

img_1017260_0_2a6a901a23813300e48b964e576a50aa.jpg

you can see how far i've fiberglassed *slacker*

These next pictures dont show up as bright as they really are

img_1017260_1_c2589103ffa81d7bb8889848b27ecb08.jpg

led moonlights

img_1017260_2_a8b276e1f87d5554a6b9fc95914a4313.jpg

actinics

img_1017260_3_f50554d50bbb8f5554cb6b052a8efbdb.jpg

img_1017260_4_2d31648a03cddf259c6a78555cdb5219.jpg

both. There will be 3 of these across the top of the tank

img_1017260_5_b58c31e6fe9e177cc27df33fe4ab549d.jpg

My GIGANTIC skimmer. The bags its propped up on are 30-40 pound bags of sand >>

img_1017261_0_0ed559c65a13889e204be8109d17c62e.jpg

Tonight's big project.... :) It's on the bed hiding from cats who would hop in it.
Check out my snazzy Cars comforter too. :mrgreen:

That's the recommended way to use the product though I'm not sure it kills ich in all it's stages (free floating/etc). I think it's commonly used as a secondary treatment. Never used it though.. prefer fallow and hypo

Then are you interested in fiberglass? :D?

I lose track of time badly during the day. Suddenly it's evening and too late. I did try the other day. But I was kind of clumsy so I figured it was probably best to avoid chemicals and powertools. :)

Back
Top Bottom