20g Selecting Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE the Water Hyacinth!!! I am gonna have to find me some of that! And I think your tank looks pretty good!

Thanks! The Water Hyacinth is I believe considered a weed in the US. It grows really fast lol. But its waxy leaves are quite attractive. I have heard that this plant might even produce some interesting flowers.

Fisheggs: I am realizing my tank just wouldn't be a good match for the SAE's. I might just try to keep the algae under control with a swarm (correct terminology?) of Amano's.

So far so good though, I have yet to see any algae.

The biggest change would have to be the Water Hycanith, it's roots have easily doubled in size. I am just waiting to wake up to the entire tank being covered hehe.

I ordered some Flourish last week which should arrive soon; it looks like the plants need it. The Cabomba seems to be turning reddish. My albino Cory managed to bury herself under the lilaeopsis, so that is currently back in the breeder. It has grown a good amount, but doesn't seem to be growing roots, just sending off runners. There is also a touch of Java moss in the breeder until I can figure out what to do with it. Any ideas and feedback are always appreciated!

P1000711.JPG

I added a few Anubias Barteri var. nana, which seems to be having some trouble opening their leaves. Do I just need to give it some time, rotate it? It was in the breeder for a few days before I planted it.

P1000718-1.JPG

I managed to strap a tiny Java Fern to the top of the rock, can't wait for this guy to grow!

P1000709.JPG

It appears my tank also has some new inhabitants. When I was doing a water change I noticed a tiny dot jump across the water a few times. After some close inspection I found this little guy; is this Daphnia or something completely different? As you can see it is very small. I just want to know if I should remove it or leave it be to feed my soon to have black neons :D
P1000721-1.JPG

Thanks for that link! I have been looking for something similar to that. I have actually been trying to find any of [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Takashi Amano's books, except they are really expensive on amazon.

I redid the entire aquascape tonight, if I still like it in a few days I will put some more pictures up ;)
[/FONT]

EVERYTHING that has amanos name on it is expensive. i want to do an all ada setup but for what i want it looks like it'll cost me thousands. i really like iwagumi tanks

I agree. My old lfs when I was in AZ had 2 full Ada setups. Everything about them was amazing except the price. I put together my 5 gal with just an Ada tank and a bunch of look alike Ada stuff. The equipment looks nice and is about 1/4 the price.

Back
Top Bottom