20g Tank Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice. I'd wait at least another month or 2 before adding GBRs. They're pretty difficult to keep (at least as far as keeping them alive long term), and the tank needs to be more established and stable before I'd risk it.

Start with the corys, and good luck! :D

June 6, 2007

Hurray for new plants! Thank you newfound77951!

Added some java moss, narrow leaf java fern, and pearlweed to the tank!

Also did a 15% water change.

PIC!

img_809350_0_4c92da50311faba387c5193175f8aa2d.jpg

picked up 6 panda cories today, 2 of them have died due to stress(just recently shipped to LFS)...

Will return to LFS tomorrow for store credit. 4 remain and look healthy to me. pics shuold be up soon.

Update:

sadly it appears that another one passed overnight. I have 3 left, do you think 3 is a happy school of cories or should I look at just replacing them with more? I didn't see any other panda cories at the shop, but would albino cories school with pandas?

update

upon arriving home after returning the 3 deceased cories...if found another one that bit the dust :( I'm down to 2 panda cories now. Hopefully the remaining 2 stay healthy until I can pick up some more to school them.

Over the past few days (june 12-14) the crap hit the fan. While I was out of town my 2 gold barbs(who have been perfectly peaceful since I got them) decided to tear up 4 of my von rios, only had 2 left. Also the last 2 panda cories died. The tank is a mess, fish flesh laying around everywhere.

So...I did a 50% pwc with prime and a gravel vac. Exchanged the 2 gold barbs for 3 von rios(back to 5 now) and I picked up 6 rummynose tetras. I now have 6 rummynoses and 5 von rios in the tank. I'm going to pick up 3 ottos when I get the chance, and I'd like to try my luck at finding some healthy julii or panda cories now.

Did you test the water before adding the rummies? They are very sensitive and can be difficult to acclimate. That's another species that I would strongly recommend adding to a more established tank... but they are beautiful fish and I can see why you bought them! I hope they do well for you.

severum mama said:
Did you test the water before adding the rummies? They are very sensitive and can be difficult to acclimate. That's another species that I would strongly recommend adding to a more established tank... but they are beautiful fish and I can see why you bought them! I hope they do well for you.

Water looks good. I did more of a longer acclimation. Floated bag for 20 mins, ran airline from pump into bag , added 1 cup of tank water, floated for 15 minutes, added 1 cup tank water, floated for 15 minutes, released fish. Last night and this morning they were very pale in the face(no pun intended), right now they are brighter than ever! They seem to be acting just fine :)

That's totally normal. When they are stressed they go completely pale. the fact that they have already colored up is a good sign, and again, best of luck with them. They are great schoolers and awesome to watch if they acclimate well.

Removed all plants from tank and removed as much algae as possible
Removed rock formations from tank and removed some algae from them
50% PWC with Prime and Gravel Vac
Placed rock formations back into tank
Placed plants back into tank

severum mama said:
Just don't get the Petsmart kind (Top Fin). I bought it a couple of years ago for my 29, and a lot of the black color has worn off. Now it just looks kinda gray, but changing substrate is a total pain so I haven't done it yet.

Sh*&#, I think that's what I got and I already put it in my tank. Dammit

Alrighty now...got some driftwood and anubias today from aquabid. I think they are awesome. And this means that the scape got a little work. Lemme know what ya think

Before:
img_815942_0_2076e5578a6dddad032bbdf410f9b487.jpg

After:
img_815942_1_61523121090c6eeac13906abd44d190d.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom