27 gallon hex tank setup :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks guys :D we love him too. we just turned the bubbles off because he's been kinda frantic all day. after reading a little i think he might prefer the calmness. we are leaving for the rest of the day so we will see if he has mellowed out a bit when we get home. or maybe he's just a crazy fish! :D

:lol: Krap.

M-tron, beautiful little gourami! Especially when the camera catches the blue on his fin! Thanks for the pics :D

LMAO my daughter heard me play this clip from the kitchen, then came over and begged me to watch Nemo. :biglol: we're watching it as I type!!!! lol.

a little worried about our little guy. he is constantly "freaking out" as in swimming very quickly up and down the glass, particularly on one side of the tank. should i worry? do you think he needs a friend in there? he looks so lonely in that giant tank all by himself. what do you guys think i should introduce next into the tank? you think i could get away with a couple more DG's? what if i can't find females, would males be ok? he was in a tank with a bunch of other males and there was no aggression. what do you guys think??

I just replied to your other thread of this... :D lol

I don't know if you could get just one female, I think gouramis need 2:1 if I remember correctly? But maybe a nother buddy or two would do the trick.

I think he just likes the bubbles. If it was stress, I'd expect clamped fins, less color and trying to back into a corner.

He looks great to me. I think he's just settling in, and the nice color and the activity level seem to indicate he's in good shape IMO. :)

that's so good to hear! i love this fish, he's got quite the personality. he's so much more active than my other fish, i can't wait to see what his does with roommates :D i've decided to name him Pyralis --greek for "of fire"

for those of you who have not heard, we picked up 9 glowlight tetras for the tank. they are doing so-so. i posted a thread about two of them having exposed red gills, not sure what i will be doing to solve the problem yet. most likely will QT them in the 10gal and medicate with melafix/pimafix. any thoughts? here are some pics of the new additions

DSCN2771.JPG

the red gills:
DSCN2778.JPG

i love their fins :D
DSCN2782.JPG

DSCN2785.JPG

DSCN2799.JPG

DSCN2801.JPG

the glowlights have been doing well for a while now. no more chasing going on, and all of them have colored up very nicely. yesterday we picked up 4 otos to help with algae control...plus they're adorable :D

DSCN3011.JPG

DSCN3033.JPG

DSCN3053.JPG

some updates!

haven't been around in a while, thought i'dpop in and share some recent pictures of the tank. it's current stock is 9 glowlight tetras, 6 ember tetras, and 6 otos. we lost our gourami shortly after the last post here. we've lost another from our 10g tank, so we are done with gouramis for the time being. since adding the 6 remaining embers, from said 10g tank, to this tank this past week, there seems to be a new vibe in the tank. everyone seems more lively and upbeat. it's kinda nice :)

DSCN4803.JPG

DSCN4813.JPG

DSCN4872.JPG

DSCN4831.JPG

Back
Top Bottom