28 Gallon SW Build...hopefully...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude that looks awsome! Yeah. Ammonia I saw some at pet warehouse for 15 but I read lots of people go to ace hardware and get pure ammo for <5

Lol thank you...got some real nice pieces. I just posted a thread in the lounge on my LFS...check it out they have great corals.

Its a rough rock scape for now just want to get the other rocks seeded.

Love the rock scape. Do the Ace Ammonia. Everyone on this site who has done ammonia says the same thing. It is about as pure as you can get and cheap.

Anyone know where i can get an AquaClear 20 impeller. Flow from my filter causes too many micro-bubbles

Ok i got some pure ammonia from wallgreens...hope its good enough. So is this just add some...then test? Repeat till 4ppm?

Check the ingredients label first...does it have any surfercants (sp?) in it? if you shake the bottle do you get any bubbles?

I do get bubbles...it says the active ingredient is ammonium hydroxide...nothing about the other stuff

As long as the bubbles disappear straight away and theres no other ingredients then youre ok. Thats why I stick to the ace hardware ammonia, we all know thats the "good" stuff lol

Is it possible to put too much in i was measuring over the tank like an idiot and my gf bumped my arm and probably 3 capfuls went in....grrrr

I did one capfull and it went off the chart. Not sure if it will hurt anything but just keep an eye on things.

Back
Top Bottom