29 + 10 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2nk4DG0

I'm not going to post pictures of my ankle itself because, honestly, it's pretty gross. This is my crutch. 6 to 12 weeks on this baby.

The spouse did a water change this weekend. I left him alone with the snails, fish, and fuzzy guard pup.

I'm glad to be home now. My parents were doing that not helpful helping that is the only way a parent can help an independent adult. Like, Mom, seriously- why did you run my underwire bra through the washing machine?

Just say no to trampoline parks. Nononononono

I went roller skating 3 years ago for my 50th birthday. Did pretty well, then got cocky and went too fast and took a flying fall. No hospital but the hip ached for 3 months.

Parents are awesome...at their house! Lol.

Parents are awesome, and they are very kind. I guess it's more that I'm grumpy that going down the stairs to my own laundry room is a treacherous workout.

I hadn't realized how expensive the all inclusive nano kits are! I was thinking a Fluval Chi or Baby Biorb... Even on eBay they're expensive!

Gosh. I had the same problem when looking for all inclusive tank kits around that size. One LFS was asking almost $100 for one! I ended up just finding one on Craigslist, which made it more work but a better deal.
I hope you end up finding a good one that won't cost an arm and a leg. :)

But see then I run into things like the Fluval Spec and Marineland Contour and love them.... And the My Fun Fish.... Jeez.

$4 fish messing up hundreds of dollars of tank here.

I hadn't realized how expensive the all inclusive nano kits are! I was thinking a Fluval Chi or Baby Biorb... Even on eBay they're expensive!

Amazon had them for $50 at one point. But not now...
This is nice? IMG_7805.jpg

Last edited:
I removed *all* the guppy fry from everywhere this morning and took them to the fish nerd place so they can contribute to the circle of life. They had been in the quarantine, and, when we got home, the rainbows were darting erratically. I'm really nervous about that. I had to take off right away for an appointment, but I'm eager to get home and change out that water.

I still haven't figured out what tank to move Nudger (b* betta) to, but, despite me not saying anything about it, the child has figured out that's what coming.

There are a lot of fish I would be comfortable taking back, but a fat female betta? I don't know.

During a very thorough fry-poop removal, Elsa started dropping. (sigh)

BUT

The male guppy, Glowy, and one of the females were eating the fry! Yea!

I wonder if there's something about having fry older than a few minutes that prevents the guppies from eating them. Or maybe we're conditioning them to eat live food by feeding them black worms that one time. ?

Regardless, we've decided to fast the tank while there are fry. We're no longer trying to grow them out, so no need to feed them.

Nudger, of course, watched a fry swim in front of her face, and then went to the surface for a breath of air.

The kuhlis are so fat. Rubenesque even.

The rainbows are still active but not swimming erratically. I wish I could see them better. They are really neat fish.

Back
Top Bottom