29 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

librarygirl

Look It Up
I had a 20 gal tall but wanted to go a bit bigger. I did initially buy a 36 gal bowfront but it was leaking as I was rinsing it so I returned it and settled on the 29 gal instead. Sure, not much of a leap from a 20 gal but I have a lot of small fish so I'm happy with my choice for now (that and I live on the third floor of an apartment and I live alone so I'd have to choose a size I could lift up three flights of stairs alone -- the 36 gal barely made it :nono: -- and my landlord doesn't know I have a tank yet so I don't want to freak him out with anything too large :rolleyes: ).

I purchased a new stand for the 29 gal too.

The first two pics are of the new setup which has all real plants (well, except for the "grassy" plant on the right) and a fake DW piece (I've had issues with DW messing with my PH and trying to keep it anchored so I've given up for now) but I like it a lot better. (y) I also like the natural colored sand too.

The last pic is of my "old" setup; 20 gal with a mix of fake and real plants and some real DW that I was starting to not like the look of anymore. While I initially loved the black sand, I could see EVERYTHING on top of it (plant pieces, fish poo, etc and it was driving me nuts).

Attachments

• newtank1.jpg
    newtank1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 97
  • newtank2.jpg
    newtank2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 107
  • old1.jpg
    old1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 102
Niiice... very natural looking. Is that airline tubing in the center-back feeding into a sponge filter or something else air driven?

Niiice... very natural looking. Is that airline tubing in the center-back feeding into a sponge filter or something else air driven?

Sponge filter. I had gotten a seeded sponge filter from AngelsPlus when cycling the tank and I just kept it in; figure I could use it as extra if I ever need it for a QT tank. I have to move it a bit more though to hide the tube :S I do have an air stone but you can't see the bubbles in the pic. For filtration I have an AquaClear 50 (upgraded from an AC 20 I had, just moved all the media over and added one of the new sponges) and an Internal Fluval U2.

I absolutely love your new decor. The old was not too shabby, but the new is very nice.

Back
Top Bottom