29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I might end up doing. I know the place I bought it from refills them so hopefully it isn't a blanket full refill charge.

On another note I decided to weild the mighty scissors and trim some leafs with algae. Java fern, anubias, amazon sword, and wisteria where all cut back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Going to pick up a 20 long and make it a low tech snail tank. Since most of my plants are low tech figured i can open up some real estate for some different plants...curse you $/gal sale

I think I figured out why my fish are always hiding...to much current! Have my filter and skimmer off and am seeing the fish more than ever.

Even the kuhli likes it!
Saw him swimming all around just before this picture

FTS

I think I figured out why my fish are always hiding...to much current! Have my filter and skimmer off and am seeing the fish more than ever.

Even the kuhli likes it!
Saw him swimming all around just before this picture

FTS

How much current did you have? Oddly enough, most of my fish seem to hang around my powerhead now. At first, they were very skittish of it. Your tank is looking nice though!

Fluval 306 and an eheim skim 350 are the only water movers I have. I know the fluval is rated for right around 200gph but not sure on the skimmer.

Ok who did it?! Which one of you turned my needle valve down to 2bps from 4bps so I would have algae? I'm thinking brookster since he did say just wait until I got bba...

*disclaimer* totally joking around about any of you wishing algae on me or turning the needle valve down. It was turned down to 2bps though so I had to turn it back up to 4bps.

No change in DC color with the increase in co2. Changed the DC fluid and increased to 5Bps. I am sending ludwigia trimmings to another member, and would hate for them to be covered in algae when they arrive :(

Check for leaks! Since your bps went down, start looking before the bubble counter.

Also, how long did you wait before determining if the increase did any good? Drop checkers are very slow to respond... Hate for you to crank it up too much.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

It was 24 hours before I increased the bps for the second time. I changed the dc fluid a few weeks ago, but decided to change it to make sure it is fresh.

Co2 just turned off, but I don't think I have any leaks before the bubble counter. The tubing is only an inch long from the regulator to the bubble counter

dc is a brighter green today than yesterday, but not yet lime green. When I checked the bubble counter today it was a volcano, but no bubbles where coming outa the diffuser. The line had popped off right at the diffuser. Suppose it's time I invest in co2 tubing and stop using airline tubing...

In other news I'm going to a different lfs tomorrow in hopes of getting some more kuhlies (yes finally) and a second amano shrimp. I never see the one I have right now :( I might also see how $$ their assassin snails are for my breeding project.

I figured out how to diffuse the flow from the skimmer....most of us have a gravel siphon right? Took mine apart awhile back removing the strainer,this is the diffuser which I use on the ehiem skimmer...works awesome while not reducing functionality...

sit in silence...

I figured out how to diffuse the flow from the skimmer....most of us have a gravel siphon right? Took mine apart awhile back removing the strainer,this is the diffuser which I use on the ehiem skimmer...works awesome while not reducing functionality...

sit in silence...

Huh?

Do you own a gravel vac? If so there is a built strainer,I have aqueon gravel Cavs&by removing the vac tube you can expose the strainer which can be removed...in my case the id on the strainer was larger than the od on the skimmer return,I was able to get a tight fit using some spare tubing as a bushing...fits tight&thus can be hidden behind plants at the back of the tank without blowing them around.. http://i.imgur.com/jlKhyzT.jpg
Also built this tonite...
http://i.imgur.com/d0qT5Nh.jpg

sit in silence...

Ah gotcha. Might have to see if my gravel vac has one of those.

Diy reactor?

Ah gotcha. Might have to see if my gravel vac has one of those.

Diy reactor?

Yes sir,full on cerges reactor son...
Dude it worked so well I had to reduce the bps by almost half..

sit in silence...

Amano shrimp ✔
Assassin snail ✔
Kuhli loaches ?
Picked up a new plant that I have been wanting for a while too...going to wait on saying what it is though :)

Picked up some frozen food and a small piece of spiderwood for my 75 and 20L

Going to take guesses on it. First hint is that Brookster calls this plant an algae magnet

Back
Top Bottom