29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice staur repens bro!
Wish I could grow staur repens ?
Puttin in some good work Wrangler!
sit in silence

Looks good man! Stars are making a run for it prison break style.. better put the spotlight on em:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks and I have the fluval led over the front of the tank covering them and the spotlight for more of the back.

Nice staur repens bro!
Wish I could grow staur repens ?
Puttin in some good work Wrangler!
sit in silence

Thanks!

Next plant is going to be some ar mini next to the staurs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why would you want to ruin a nice tank like that with ar mini??

Why would you want to ruin a nice tank like that with ar mini??

I'm looking for something to fill in next to the staurs and I haven't had a plant die on me so I guess I'm up for a challenge.

If not the ar mini what plant would look good next to the staurs? DHG crossed my mind but don't think it'll look good infront of the blyxa.

Going to get 3 digital timers after graduation, this one analog isn't cutting it anymore.

One for the co2 which will come on 1 hr before the lights and shut off 1 hour before the lights.
Another for my spotlight which I'm using as a warmup and cool down light so the bright led doesn't shock the fish.
The final timer would be for the LED and it would turn on an d 15 minutes after the spotlight and shut off 15 minutes before the spotlight.

Going to possibly make this tank a low tech with no co2 soon. Parents bought me this for graduation :D:D:D

If I make the new tank a planted one I'll make it on the lower end of high tech/upper end of medium tech.

Going to possibly make this tank a low tech with no co2 soon. Parents bought me this for graduation :D:D:D

If I make the new tank a planted one I'll make it on the lower end of high tech/upper end of medium tech.

Whatchu got there a 75g?

sit in silence

Yup. I'm about to fill it in my garage to test for leaks, would rather it leak on concrete than hardwood floor. Making it high tech won't be cheap on the lighting, but I think it would look nice.
Other options are: planted discus, SW FOWLR, SW high light reef, SW low light reef, or a lightly planted medium/low tech native tank.
Figuring out prices for everything right now and will decide when thats done.

75 holds water like I figured it would. That will be placed tomorrow morning to continue the cycle. Started it tonight in a bucket with some seeded ceramic rings and alot of ammonia.

Now for this tank in this thread. I moved it while watching the Blackhawks teach the Ducks a lesson :). When I moved it I rescaped it a bit too so hopefully the plants and fish don't get to upset. Also got a head count on all the fish and shrimp; 16 neon tetras, 9 black skirt tetras, 2 otocinclus, 1 kuhli loach, 1 amano shrimp, and 4 ghost shrimp. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow during the light cycle.

If you want a lot of activity in your 75, try rainbow fish, and maybe a dojo loach (my fqvorite)

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd add to the Kuhli Loach population. Maybe add 5 or 6, if you want.

I know. I had 2 but 1 must have jumped or died became shrimp food and when I bought 3 more they died in 3 days :(. I have to call the lfs Monday to see if they got any more in.

Going to keep this tank a medium tech tank(right this is medium tech?). 75 is going to be a fowlr tank.

Tank looks meh right now. Trying to get all the plant roots under the floramax is a PITA. I'll post some pictures tomorrow night.

As promised pics...

FTS. Ignore the GSA I haven't scraped it off yet because I haven't had time and its there because the old front glass is now the back glass.

View from my spot

FRS (Full Room Shot;))

Thanks! It's not really a cave but its close. For me a cave would have some more tanks, a fly tying bench, a reloading bench, and a bed. A mini fridge/freezer and I wouldn't leave that room! Lol

I don't like algae.*correction-I HATE ALGAE* I have four different types of it right now and it ticks me off, have a little staghorn on a crypt leaf, green hair algae on every plant except for the blyxa and stars, GSA on the anubias and glass, and a tiny tuft of BBA on a crypt leaf.
I have missed days of dosing ferts before work so thats to blame but can be fixed. To help fight the hair algae I cut the lights to 6 hours yesterday, and with regular dosing should kill the algae. Also spot treated with h2o2, 20mL of h2o2 used in the end.

Pics will be up Sunday.

I don't like algae.*correction-I HATE ALGAE* I have four different types of it right now and it ticks me off, have a little staghorn on a crypt leaf, green hair algae on every plant except for the blyxa and stars, GSA on the anubias and glass, and a tiny tuft of BBA on a crypt leaf.
I have missed days of dosing ferts before work so thats to blame but can be fixed. To help fight the hair algae I cut the lights to 6 hours yesterday, and with regular dosing should kill the algae. Also spot treated with h2o2, 20mL of h2o2 used in the end.

Pics will be up Sunday.

The best thing you did was cut the lighting to 6 hours ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom