29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW - ? Happy Graduation! ?May you get many envelopes with $$$ to fuel your addiction. I mean, aquatic obsession.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I know I said I'd have pictures up yesterday but I got busy with the 75. Didn't get home until late tonight so pictures will be taken tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Before

After

Didn't have to trim as many stars as I thought I would so that was nice.

Your tank is looking very nice! How do you keep your stars from floating everywhere?!

The stems I trimmed are pushed in so its just the tips sticking out, probably 1/2 an inch into the substrate. I still get floaters tho

Same here. I try to keep stem long and I cut of the leave but not completely off completely. I leave it them 1/3 the length. This way the act as an anchor when I put them in the substrate.

Quick question about h2o2 dosing. Is 1ml/gal safe for my fish or could I get away with as much as 2ml/gal?

My java ferns, amazon sword, and anubias have a good deal of green hair algae and I want to know the maximum mililiters I can dose.

After reading another thread here I realized that I haven't had to change my c02 ever and have had it for 2 or 3. The fear of ETD is creeping in...

Been treating every other day with h202 on the hair algae, but now it's starting to look more like staghorn the GHA. Ferts have all been consistent 5ml/day.

After reading another thread here I realized that I haven't had to change my c02 ever and have had it for 2 or 3. The fear of ETD is creeping in...

Been treating every other day with h202 on the hair algae, but now it's starting to look more like staghorn the GHA. Ferts have all been consistent 5ml/day.

Change your tank out early if your worried

Back
Top Bottom