29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wc done with 50/50 ro/tap. Rams definitely ate the eggs...bad rams bad
Moved the ranclus around so it could be seen better too.
Pogo octo is becoming a pita, growing like anacharis fast!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wc done with 50/50 ro/tap. Rams definitely ate the eggs...bad rams bad
Moved the ranclus around so it could be seen better too.
Pogo octo is becoming a pita, growing like anacharis fast!

Gotta feed dem rams more often...haha
I kid I kid...that's a bummer!
You turning breeder?

sit in silence...

a cube of frozen every other day and flake when frozen isn't fed. These rams eat like royalty!

Not sure if i'm going to breed them, but I want to make them as happy as possible. I won't be artificially hatching and raising the eggs, but if the parents are able to raise the fry then all is good.

a cube of frozen every other day and flake when frozen isn't fed. These rams eat like royalty!

Not sure if i'm going to breed them, but I want to make them as happy as possible. I won't be artificially hatching and raising the eggs, but if the parents are able to raise the fry then all is good.

When I had my 75g African tank setup it was always a bonus to find some young ones that slipped through the cracks...I had almost 40 Africans ,so it was almost a miracle that any of the fry survived...

sit in silence...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe next time. Tank is looking great by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I leave my tank unattended for 1 week and it looks terrible! I have had to ask my dad to feed my tanks because I come home from work after the lights are out which isn't a big deal because it is just a cube a day. The problem is the plants! the octopus is literally taking over 1/3 of the entire tank!! I don't know what I'm going to do with all these trimmings because it seems no one wants them.
I received some pogo erectus a month and a half(I think) ago, and it has not grown at all. One stem might have a branch starting, but I am not even 100% sure about that. Was really hoping the plant would take off for me.
I'm going to hack the poop out of the octopus and any other plants that need it tomorrow. Will post before and after pictures when its all done.

Hack the poop out of it hahaha.. that one got me.. I've been there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hack the poop out of it hahaha.. that one got me.. I've been there.

Gotta keep things pg rated now right?

I think the octo would look very nice in the acara or apisto tank ;) I'm basically giving this stuff away now!

Machete needs to be sharpened after going through the jungle of my tank

I knocked the 24/7 down 10% to 50% whites. I have hair algae on my java moss and a few other plants.

After what point should I separate the rams? The male is chading the female a lot, and the female looks like she was just in shipping for 3 days. I'm starting to worry about my lil girl. I would have to use my 10g or a breeder net because the 20L has rcs. Not taking the chance of either ram eating any of them. Some how a rcs managed to survive in this tank until today when he was moved to the 20L

Pogo octo is almost touching the surface again, right on cue it seems.

Has anyone had amano shrimp be dark brown with a tan stripe down the middle? Both of mine look like thag and I don't know why

Any visible damage to the female? I'd put the male in timeout if she looks rough?? Amano get those stripes

Attachments

• 1449787678855.jpg
    1449787678855.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 60
No visible damage but I'm worried he will stress her to death.

Your amano shrimp look normal, mine are really dark with the light stripe like their entire body is dark. Though that might be because they always hang out in the spiderwood

Wrangler my pair gets like that between every spawn for a few days. It seems to me like the time during spawning where they get along is enough respite for my female and this is in a 10. Adding some ottos for them to direct aggression at seemed to help as well but that doesn't help you much.

On occasion I've put my girl in a breeder net but she just jumps back into the tank in a few hours

I'll watch them and then make the decision. Honestly I'm not prepared to move any fish to the 10g. I have never done a water change on it, I don't know if the sponge filter is cycled, and I don't know where the levels are. That and I'm short 1 heater, i need to get another 100w heater just for the 10g.

I gave up on the moss wall for a bit. I just tied the fissidens to the spider wood to try and get it to grow. It looks like I lost quite a bit of if when it was in the mesh bag :nono:

Just when I start to say that my 75 and 29 are rolling in bliss I get terrible algae in the 29 and coral issues in the 75. Both should be easy fixes, for this tank I'm going to turn the 24/7 down to 30% and treat with h2o2. Blyxa, bacopa, and rotala are the plants affected by hair algae now.

Can't wait for this week to be over, 35ish hours this week, almost 40 last, and 35 the week before that plus going to school full time drain a man. Tank isn't looking all that bad aside from the pogo erectus and ludwigia sp red. The ludwigia melts away in the bottom 1/3 and the pogo just melted away except for a few tops.

Well time for my shift to start, will post more later

Something is outa whack with my tank. Hair algae is running outa control (maybe I'm just to OCD about it) and I hate it. The 24/7 is only running on 10% now, but it was running at 30%. Co2 might be the issue, so I'm going to wait a week or so with the lighting adjustment and if things don't improve I'm increasing co2.

I've been having a rough time with hair algae and the bottoms of my pogo melting. I'm wondering if my nitrates are too low. Just got a new test kit yesterday. I'm going to order a new fert bottle soon so I can dose nitrates separately.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

vid time. SO to TT for the Downoi, I'll be doing more SO's in the future for everyone that I have received plants or fish from

Givin the pogo a trim right after I post this and will have an updated FTS in an hour or two

Back
Top Bottom