For Sale: 29 gallon tank and its community Portland OR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looks like I have to make a cross country move, right when this tank really started to hit an amazing groove. My loss and all that.

Bought the Marineland 29 gallon Led kit and an Aquaclear power head early March. Substrate is white aquarium sand and kid sized reddish rocks, 20 lbs each from PetSmart. Two packs of reddish decor river rock, and a false driftwood ornament also Petsmart. Then 3 bags of Marineland plants and some short plastic foreground plants too.

Aquarium is very level and well supported on an antique school desk.

Live plants are 3 crypts (2 red frilly, 1 straight thin leaves that start green and go bronze), and 2 each anubias and java fern on the centerpiece. All from a craigslist transaction. 1 pack of dwarf hair grass from Petsmart this week.

Livestock ... Black and white and copper! I love the balance I have, the inverts and bottom feeders are keeping the substrate so clean. Everyone gets along and there's even schooling with different species. The so called shy ones stay out a lot too.

10 harlequin Rasboras, Petsmart and Wet Spot. Bright bright orange.
6 glowlight neons, Petsmart. One is a little odd but always has been (since April). Swims funny.
6 kyathit danio (orange fin danio). Wet spot. Very orange after a few months in this tank.
3 Otocinclus, wet spot. Had 4, 1 stuck it's head in the power head, the other 3 don't seem lonely or afraid in the small group. They're actually very social and brave.
3 white fin Tetras. Petsmart.
4 Pygmy multi stripe loaches. Love these guys! Very silly, swimming at all levels, and getting all the food out of the cracks. Wet spot.
1 yellow and 1 brown mystery snail.
Pond and Malaysian trumpet snails. Good cleaners!!
Ghost shrimp, quantity unknown. There were 8, I think there are fewer after 3 months.

Comes with their food (New life spectrum Thera a, and some frozen food). Also with API cichlid salts and buffer, low doses are what keeps the tank most stable with our super soft water.

The tank has been so very stable and clean. I don't vac much any more and I do a 25%-30% change weekly at the moment after trying several schedulesImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404442862.435823.jpg. The tank has had ammo and nitrites at zero always, nitrates up to 10. Root tab by the crypts, nothing else. No algae, no issues. The MTS are doing a great job of keeping the substrate turned.

It does need a new filter cartridge soon, it's tearing a little. There's a piece of floss in there too from starting my cycle with donated media. Bio wheel is well cycled.

I've put in $400. Take it all for $200. Or take fish, shrimp, and mystery snails for $50.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404442707.281243.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404442726.149406.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404442746.182509.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404442782.760535.jpg

Back
Top Bottom