29 gallon thread/journal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kribs and GBR are fine together lol I've got some breeding j. My 29g right now, as long as territory is watched there should be no problem. And IMO unless the person has had the fish before they don't know what the fish is like and there is nothing saying to fish f the same species are gonna act the same and show the same amount of aggression. I have three kribs one female two male, and a male GBR and a female GBR
how are your gbr's doing and whats your ph and where'd you get them?

For the GBR... Just have your nitrates as close to 0 as possible before it goes in. That's how they like it. They can adjust to ph, just as long as it isn't insane, and buy after they've been in the shop for a few days, or right after they come out of QT.

ok ill be sure to get my lights and stuff first so i can really plant the tank and be sure to test twice a week. thanks for all the help.:thanks:

oh and is two 24 watt bulbs over a 29 gallon good enough if not what would be better? i wanna kepp medium light plants with DIY Co2.

yea that's the one i was gonna get. does the blue do anything for plants i like to do the blue so i can see the fish that wont come out during the day.

allaboutfish said:
how are your gbr's doing and whats your ph and where'd you get them?

Original I got two males... From my lfs which was big ALS. The more dominate one was fin nipping a lot so I separated those two males and put my other in my dad tanks. (it's a 30g) I've had them for at least 2 weeks when I did this. my dads nitrates were pretty high at the time, around 40 which is bad for you to put them in he did a 50 pwc and it's still looks more colorful then my male I kept in the 29g. But either way they are eating swimming through the rocks nothing is wrong with them. About a week and a half ago i got a hope to be female for my 29g (which has 3 kribs). Only female signs showing so far which is good, I'm kinda iffy with the dorsal fin on it though. But the new one fits in just fine from what I see before I go to work in the morning.

Can i say that if you put an angel in there it will not work! They get too big for that and need more space for thier long fins. Also kribensis may nip at the long fins. But a pair of kribensis will work very well but have 1 male and 1 female.

it's not too big for a 29 gallon it'd have alot of room the tank is 18 inches tall leaving it 6 inches if it gets to 12 inches and my lfs says theres typically get 8 it's also 30 inches long so it will work.

here's my 10 gallon tank
5708184941_5aaa0a41c6.jpg

Ok, pick 2 of the 3 dwarf cichlids you picked. It sucks... But no more then 2 cichlids unless they're a pair. Otherwise... That's pretty much my 29 stocking, which is fine.

hm do you like kribensis or german blue better (the apisto im getting from severum mama yayayyayayya excited)
01_CIMG1178.JPG

kribensis-profile.jpg

allaboutfish said:
it's not too big for a 29 gallon it'd have alot of room the tank is 18 inches tall leaving it 6 inches if it gets to 12 inches and my lfs says theres typically get 8 it's also 30 inches long so it will work.

I believe it will work as well my friend has one in a 20g and it's doing the best out of all his fish. And the kribs will nip but by that bad whn they are young, more so during spawning

Back
Top Bottom