29 gallon thread/journal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it sounds good but the main thing is what you like, when u get to the lfs look around, they might have some new stock!!! Always different fish coming in! But as long as you like it, it gonna be good

Homedog98 said:
That would be great... If it was easier to find females lol. I hear they're near impossible to find in stores.

My one lfs was trying to track one down for me, the owner of the shop grow up with my dad and have been friends for some time. But 3 weeks went by and nope. He couldn't find one.

6-male guppies,
1-opaline gourami,
6-white skirt tetras,
1-albino bristlenose pleco (getting from severum mamma),
6-juli corys,
1-apisto viejitia (getting froms severum mamma).

allaboutfish said:
6-male guppies,
1-opaline gourami,
6-white skirt tetras,
6-juli corys,

Hmmm. Should be close but it might be a little over stocked

haha i hope my apisto looks like this one
trimmed1424.jpg

and not this one
WZ4R7530ER_461619.jpg

You should look up cockatoo cichlids they are very nice, you might like them.

Opaline gourami easily reach 5" and are semi aggresive. I can't imagine keeping one in a 29. They are best suited for 55+ gal semi aggresive tanks. I often hear of these larger gourami's killing smaller fish when they are housed in regular communities. I keep a neon blue dwarf gourami in my 29 and at less than half the size an opaline will reach, he seems a perfect fit. JMO.

allaboutfish said:
6-male guppies,
1-opaline gourami,
6-white skirt tetras,
6-juli corys,

That's perfect!

Opaline gourami easily reach 5" and are semi aggresive. I can't imagine keeping one in a 29. They are best suited for 55+ gal semi aggresive tanks. I often hear of these larger gourami's killing smaller fish when they are housed in regular communities. I keep a neon blue dwarf gourami in my 29 and at less than half the size an opaline will reach, he seems a perfect fit. JMO.

could i switch the gourami with a powder blue and then get a german blue ram?

Back
Top Bottom