30 gal stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well in my first post I do have the number of each I plan on ;) got it covered! But I made sure to get a female Platy, so if they reproduce like rabbits then I will just stick with the ladies. Lol my 3 original danios have been reproducing on me so I don't need more babies.

Lol every live bearer I've ever had has been pregnant. It's cool to take care of but when you get babies every month it gets hectic.

I may just add a glofish last.... Then see how it does. It will be a while before I add

Yes, definitely tank your time adding fish. Sometimes personality problems don't become apparent for weeks or even months!

I think you will be happy with the glofish if you do add them. They are super cute! The only problem is, around here they are kind of expensive, $5 each. That's why I only have two!

No kidding! They are 5.99 here and at the lfs they bumped the price to 8.99! That kinda irked me but the only fish I will get from them is a gourami due to their large variety of them. They had a red paridise gourami but their colors weren't very bright or hardly there. So I'm not sure if after I got them home would the color developed more.

Sounds like a fun tank. The glofish for $5-8 isnt bad at all, you should get a nice school of them going! Any big school of fish (schooling fish that is) looks amazing and they are much healther/happy. A big school of Neons (over 20) looks awesome!

I don't really know a lot about gouramis. I do have one, a standard dwarf gourami.

I wonder if the paler colors just means it's a female? Maybe there are some gourami experts here that could weigh in on that.

I do love my dwarf gourami. He has tons of personality!!!

Back
Top Bottom