30 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank as of now! It's nowhere near done! All those rocks are to sink the wood for now! I just wanted to see how everything would look! I have to say... So far I'm happy!

I will be taking out the piece on the right!! Dont worry! That's there just for the cycles!

Attachments

• image-904570215.jpg
    image-904570215.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 106
Thanks for following guys! :)

So I took your guys advice and moved that other piece of driftwood to the new tank for now!

Redid my current tank a bit as well!

Love the natural look you've managed to aquire here!

Tank as of now! It's nowhere near done! All those rocks are to sink the wood for now! I just wanted to see how everything would look! I have to say... So far I'm happy!

I will be taking out the piece on the right!! Dont worry! That's there just for the cycles!

Needs more branches on the left, and I would try and see if you can't work that piece of driftwoon on the right into the branches to create more of a tree with roots look to it. Looking good so far, following along :popcorn:.

Wy Renegade said:
Love the natural look you've managed to aquire here!

Needs more branches on the left, and I would try and see if you can't work that piece of driftwoon on the right into the branches to create more of a tree with roots look to it. Looking good so far, following along :popcorn:.

Thank you for following!! :)

I may try to do that!! Right now all the manzanita is floating like corks, so rocks are needed to keep it down, so it's hard to aqua scape, but I agree that more branches are needed! :) I'm soaking a peice of driftwood now as we speak!!

Did the aquascape just now! Drained about 90% of the water and all! A lot of small details need to be fixed, but it's to late now to fix it all! Will finish it all up another time!

What do you guys think? I can take criticism.

Attachments

• image-4174753878.jpg
    image-4174753878.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3410115357.jpg
    image-3410115357.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image-4065565535.jpg
    image-4065565535.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1662472739.jpg
    image-1662472739.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 82
I like the DW placement alot. Are you going to go with alot of anubia/java fern/mosses?

Evansimp said:
Did the aquascape just now! Drained about 90% of the water and all! A lot of small details need to be fixed, but it's to late now to fix it all! Will finish it all up another time!

What do you guys think? I can take criticism.

Looks really great! It flows nicely...what will you plant?

Yeah I plan on a lot of java fern, Anubis and mosses! :) il be placing them everywhere!!

Thank you for the input guys! :)

Great looking hardscape. The only thing I'd consider changing might be the wood in the back center-left (the one against the back wall) and only if the plants you want to keep would hide it. It's one of the coolest pieces of wood in the tank and if it became hidden by plants it'd be a crime! If it won't get hidden then it's fine. If it will become blocked maybe you could prop it more upright.

Other than that... it's time for plants! I prefer to use brown cotton thread over green to tie up anubias, java fern and moss because it doesn't show up against the wood, although green thread does look more like plant roots or moss.

Hey you could do something very similar with a small tank and no CO2. I don't use CO2 in the 220g only glutaraldehyde. If you haven't seen my tank you can see pic's at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/220g-planted-newly-rescaped-231568.html . For your tank you could use Corkscrew val which is smaller and don't need high light, then use crypts or java fern for the plants on the far right, and Bolbitus for the fern looking plant in the back slightly off right center, and possibly Telanthera Rosefolia for a touch of red, then lastly Ambulia for the fluffy stem plants. I think I also see a strand of Brazilian Pennywort. None of these need high light or CO2. You can do alot with that hardscape.

Rivercats said:
Hey you could do something very similar with a small tank and no CO2. I don't use CO2 in the 220g only glutaraldehyde. If you haven't seen my tank you can see pic's at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/220g-planted-newly-rescaped-231568.html . For your tank you could use Corkscrew val which is smaller and don't need high light, then use crypts or java fern for the plants on the far right, and Bolbitus for the fern looking plant in the back slightly off right center, and possibly Telanthera Rosefolia for a touch of red, then lastly Ambulia for the fluffy stem plants. I think I also see a strand of Brazilian Pennywort. None of these need high light or CO2. You can do alot with that hardscape.

Haha I will definitely try! I'm new to all these new plants, and planted tanks in general! sometime this week I'm going to go buy some plants and I will most likely get most of the ones you mentioned!! Thank you for the help! :) will keep you guys updated!

Evansimp said:
Haha I will definitely try! I'm new to all these new plants, and planted tanks in general! sometime this week I'm going to go buy some plants and I will most likely get most of the ones you mentioned!! Thank you for the help! :) will keep you guys updated!

Look up dwarf four leaf clover. It's a ground cover pant that can grow very well in low light tanks. That would be about the last plant to add to Rivercat's list and get a look somewhat like that crazy awesome pic.

You truly don't need to use co2 in a tank with low light. Best of luck.

I hope my lfs sells all these plants!

I added another piece in the other day! I think the cycle is finishing up, so hopefully il be able to add the fry soon! :)

Attachments

• image-379015148.jpg
    image-379015148.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 91
Just went to my lfs. Got a heater for the tank, and some Sagittarius! Il post a picture later tonight! :)

So far on my total for this tank, I'm at about 85$! Leaves 15 more for plants! :)

I love that driftwood!! I can never find driftwood that nice here. Plus Big Al's charges an arm and a leg for mediocre pieces.

Back
Top Bottom