300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's just a pic off the ol'web but the one at the lfs has deeper colors. Do you think I should puck it up for $90

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412647239279.jpg
    1412647239279.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 111
Nice to see more and more people finally giving you the praise that you deserve,... As far as tearing down the ol trusty 300 gallon tank for a larger one could you possibly with the skilled use of a jig saw , glue etc add an addition to the tank you already own? That way you'd have the trusty ol'300 but would also have some virgin territory connected to it ,..it'll be like buying that vacant lot next to your house ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Anything is possible, but if you saw my tiny treehouse home you would already chuckle. The trick in life is being happy with what you have and not making yourself miserable from wishing for that you don't have. I have met my goal of a living reef like I use to dive on, anything from here is gravy.

Thanks Dary.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, it works great. Had to download instructions, but pretty straight forwards. Three channel doser for this price is crazy.

Marine Magic Aquarium Dosing Pump Triple MM03 C | eBay

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That's beautiful

Btw, I'm sure you probably posted this already...but honestly 137 pages is a bit daunting to comb through :)

How is your power supply set up?

I was looking at this but I was wondering how other people did it.
http://www.amazon.com/Technical-Pro-PS9U-Supply-Charging/dp/B0057RL6DQ

I live in the woods, so power is not something I can count on. Currently, I have a couple of key pumps backed up with regular computer UPS, but that only works for about 15 minutes. Then, if I am home, I start a big diesel generator in the garage and rig extension cords, if not at home I just cross my fingers.

I plan to install a natural gas generator that can supply the whole house automatically. Just haven't pulled that trigger yet.

In the interim, you could make a big cord and back feed the dryer, or wire a plug to the service box. I have a 220 socket outside that I plug my generator into in the event of an outage. Not 100% ideal, but at least I don't have to run cords through the house....just flip off the main, plug in and fire up the generator, and I'm good.

In the interim, you could make a big cord and back feed the dryer, or wire a plug to the service box. I have a 220 socket outside that I plug my generator into in the event of an outage. Not 100% ideal, but at least I don't have to run cords through the house....just flip off the main, plug in and fire up the generator, and I'm good.

I do the same thing. Works great. That usually how we keep the hurricane parties going

No two phase in the garage, but I'm going to install a transfer switch at least. Will have to run some cables to the fuse box.

Until you've actually got the ng generator I think you're wasting money. Just use the main breaker in the panel so you don't backfeed and kill the lineman restoring your power

Aren't you an engineer? What size wire would you run from the transfer to the box. Do you have to figure out total amps for the entire house. Or do you just go with # 5 , 6 wire

That's what I don't know. My diesel generator is 9KW which isn't enough to run everything, but it would run all essential items. Has to be refueled every 6 hours, so the NG generator is what I have my sights set on.

Once I have made that decision I can spec the cables for about a 60' run.

As you can see the RapidLED setup is far more dramatic. Mostly the lenses. Both shot with the same phone, not retouched.

The Chinese panels produce accurate color, but I prefer the saturation and enhanced look the full spectrum provides. So far growth is the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom