30g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rivercats said:
1angelfish would work and 6 Panda cory's would work well.

Well what do u think of this set up
1- dwarf gouramis
5 - sterbas cory catfish
2- bolivian rams
6- cardinal tetras
1 - angel fish

It should but you'd be stocked to the limit. Also you really would do better with a smaller Cory such as Panda's or even Julii's. I actually have both of these species and the Julii's are the most active of all the species. I also have Sterbas and they are least seen of all the species. I have a 220g and keep 5 different cory species in it.

well i made a change to the stock

1 angel fish
1 dwarf gourami
* 1 dojo loach
2 bolivian rams
6 cardinal tetras

Jewel_cichlid03 said:

1 angel fish
1 dwarf gourami
* 1 dojo loach
2 bolivian rams
6 cardinal tetras

À dwars goerami is better when you keep it in à couple!!!

Jewel_cichlid03 said:
Can cories live in water with ph around 7.5

THE corydoras sterbai can have à maximum ph of 7.5 a ph of 7 is THE best condition for this fish!

I was told 2 gouramis was a bad idea because they would fight to much and possibly kill one another and im not gonna do any corys

2 dwarf gouramis are a bad idea, they tend to be aggresive towards their own kind. As for the rest of the stock, even though you may be moving the fish to a tank later on i still think an angle is a bad idea, id go for the pair of rams and maybe bump up the school fish number to 12-15

Boinater said:
À dwars goerami is better when you keep it in à couple!!!

No no, not in my experience. I had two or three when I was a beginner and it was a bloodbath. One had an enormous chunk of flesh bitten out of his side. It was like a horror film. They ate each other alive.

Lardeelion said:
No no, not in my experience. I had two or three when I was a beginner and it was a bloodbath. One had an enormous chunk of flesh bitten out of his side. It was like a horror film. They ate each other alive.

Than your tank is to small for the goerami's, i have à tank of 180 liter and no problem at all!
Goerami's are no solo fish, THE best is to keep them in pairs!
So when your tank is to small for à pair dont take them...

Lardeelion said:
It was a 55. Plenty big. Regardless, original poster, just be wary.

I had 2 dwarfs gaurami also, in a 10. One killed the other. And I think he killed lots of other fish to actually. They are pretty fish but personally I'm avoiding them from now on. If most people say one is best I would go for 1z

1 angel fish
1 dwarf gourami
* 1 dojo loach
2 bolivian rams
6 cardinal tetras

This stocking is fine except for the Dojo loach. They can grow up to 12" and is going to be way too large for your tank. If you like the body of that loach check into Kuhli Loaches. With Kuhli's you could have a group of 6-8. They do better in groups. Or another option is Yo-yo loaches. They are the perfect size when full grown for your tank and are a very active fish. I keep 3 in my 220g. They like to be in groups but I wouldn't suggest more than 3 in a 55g only because they are so active. Also if your Rams would spawn the yo-yo's wouldn't have any trouble handling aggression. I have 12 breeding adult angels and 4 pairs of Rams in the 220g and the loaches don't have problems when any of them spawn. An added advantage is if you end up with any pond snails in your tank the yo-yo's will eat them. They are a nice addition to a tank.

Than your tank is to small for the goerami's, i have à tank of 180 liter and no problem at all!
Goerami's are no solo fish, THE best is to keep them in pairs!
So when your tank is to small for à pair dont take them...
gourami*
Anyway, your tank was large enough to accomadate the two. These fish come from the same family as fighting fish and tend to be aggresive towards one another. A larger tank and they MIGHT get along but the chance of them killing eachother is high and personally a risk i dont believe should be taken

Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0
Ph - 7.2
Gonna start dosing ammonia in the next few days so i know these numbers will change in the mean time does anyone know of anything i can use as an ammonia source to start cycling a little faster.

NEEDS HELP OVER NIGHT Problem i just filled up my tank yesterday and started cycling it every thing seemed fine and then this morning i woke up and the water is very cloudy for some reason and idk why i have black sand and fake plants so if anyone has any ideas of why this is please feel free to chime in

It's just a bacterial bloom, which is quite common. It will clear up on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom