37 Gallon Build! (finally :))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank ya :) I just released them a little bit ago, right now they're exploring. The neons keep intermingling with them lol

ForumRunner_20120815_150331.jpg

I really wish I didn't have such a glare :( from now on I'll wait until its dark out so its easier to see

water12 said:
Thank ya :) I just released them a little bit ago, right now they're exploring. The neons keep intermingling with them lol

I really wish I didn't have such a glare :( from now on I'll wait until its dark out so its easier to see

No problem! & that's good. I like the picture.. I hope they settle in nice.

Just an update, the bloodfins seem to be doing just fine. They are mainly sticking to the very center of the tank but every once in a while they'll swim after the neons and school with them a bit. Tomorrow I'll be doing a pwc and test the water. I'll be out of town for a couple days so I think everyone should be fine :)

Alright I did water tests and everything is great and a pwc. I need your opinions...upon looking closer I now belive that I was sold white cloud minnows instead of bloodfins. Here's the best pic I can get, they do have a black spot on the tail and more of a yellow shimmer then what bloodfin has

ForumRunner_20120817_150958.jpg

Yeah I think I might take them back tomorrow when I get back to town. They need cooler water temps then what my current fish need.

Alright I just got back to town and took back the minnows. They should get bloodfins in next Thursday so I'll check back then for those. But while I was there they ended up getting honey gouramis in the other day, and I just couldn't help myself so I got one since I was going to get one anyways :) right now its acclimating and let ne tell you guys, I love these fish, they are stunning!

ForumRunner_20120818_170437.jpg

Good news, the honey gourami is doing just fine :) nobody seems to be picking on him, and even though he's still shy to get food when I feed them (it tracks down left overs) its fitting in good! The cutest thing happened earlier, it was swimming above one of my Bolivians and one of its whiskers brushed the br's side. This caused the br to jump and have one of those "what the heck was that??!!) Moments. It was great lol

ha, that sound funny. I haven't had too many funny things happen with my fish yet. Probably the funniest is how aggressive my sister's betta is. He attacks absolutely everything that comes in the aquarium. He attacked the gravel vacuum and he also attacked some aquarium salt granules I put in!

Oh man, lol, I used to have a Betts and I'm glad he was peaceful for the most part. I've been thinking about getting another one and making its home my now empty 15 high...I really, really,really want to but its been nice not having a tank in my bed room after 8 months of that. There's no where else in the rest of my apartnent to have one...I'll probably do it though, I won't be able to resist! But finishing stocking the 37 comes first, then I'll wait at least a couple weeks to make sure that one goes smoothly :)

Well just an update everyone is doing good :) as of yesterday my water has clouded up so I'm pretty sure I'm having a bacteria bloom (boooo! :( ) hopefully it'll clear up soon, I've had one before when I had my 15 gallon set up and it lasted 3 days.
Also, I'm rather frustrated with my lfs. For the past 2 weeks they keep telling me they are ordering the bloodfins for me and to check back...well week 1 goes by and they didn't get them. Week 2 goes by and still nothing. I've been thinking...should I forgo the bloodfins and just up my neons to 15 instead? I love the look of my neons in the tank so I'm on the edge about this, especially since I've really been wanting the bloodfins. If I do get the blood fins ill end up going to petsmart since they seem to always have them when I'm there. Opinions wanted!

water12 said:
Well just an update everyone is doing good :) as of yesterday my water has clouded up so I'm pretty sure I'm having a bacteria bloom (boooo! :( ) hopefully it'll clear up soon, I've had one before when I had my 15 gallon set up and it lasted 3 days.
Also, I'm rather frustrated with my lfs. For the past 2 weeks they keep telling me they are ordering the bloodfins for me and to check back...well week 1 goes by and they didn't get them. Week 2 goes by and still nothing. I've been thinking...should I forgo the bloodfins and just up my neons to 15 instead? I love the look of my neons in the tank so I'm on the edge about this, especially since I've really been wanting the bloodfins. If I do get the blood fins ill end up going to petsmart since they seem to always have them when I'm there. Opinions wanted!

It's up to you.. But I personally love the bloodfins.. I like the look of all red fins.. :p why my first fish was a rainbow shark..

Yeah.. I'm just so impatient with my lfs lol alright I've decided to stick with the bloodfins, it probably won't happen until Tuesday or Wednesday, we have "deseal fest" going on near where id get the fish at, so basically it'd take an hour to drive 3 blocks. Traffic is really that bad (I was late to work last year) and I don't have the will power to sit in an un-air conditioned car for that long. It's happening this week though! As soon as this bacterial bloom ends...

water12 said:
Yeah.. I'm just so impatient with my lfs lol alright I've decided to stick with the bloodfins, it probably won't happen until Tuesday or Wednesday, we have "deseal fest" going on near where id get the fish at, so basically it'd take an hour to drive 3 blocks. Traffic is really that bad (I was late to work last year) and I don't have the will power to sit in an un-air conditioned car for that long. It's happening this week though! As soon as this bacterial bloom ends...

Yeah, I'd wait til your water was clear again.. So it's good that you have "deseal fest" going on.. & I know what ya mean bout un-air conditioned car.. I got the same problem.

Ha wow I just saw my spelling I meant "diesel fest" today is the last day of it thank goodness, being bombarded with hundreds of diesel trucks for 3 days at a compact location is unbearable. The water is clearing a little more today, so there's progress

water12 said:
Ha wow I just saw my spelling I meant "diesel fest" today is the last day of it thank goodness, being bombarded with hundreds of diesel trucks for 3 days at a compact location is unbearable. The water is clearing a little more today, so there's progress

Oooh.. Diesel makes sense.. 'deseal' was kind of.. Different.. LOL. & that's good. Glad to see it coming along..

Back
Top Bottom