38 Gallon...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Interloper

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got a new tank, have a 12g Fluval Edge that's cycling nicely...

But the 38g is all setup have my substrate and water in it but nothing else...filter is doing fine and all but I check it this morning and notice condensation in the glass heater...call the company and they are gonna upgrade me to the 200w Aqueon Pro so I'm pretty stoked about that cause I was gonna upgrade anyways...but to the point...I am guessing my cycling process is on hold until I get the new heater?

I haven't started adding anything to the tank yet besides dechlorinator so my cycle on this tank isn't even officially started I don't think...I was just waiting to get some more stuff in the tank before I started on it...

I'm guessing I have to have a heater to start the process? If not that would be cool cause then I can start it while I'm waiting for the new one...

how are you planning on cycling the tank? Fish less or fish in? I'm pretty sure you need the heater to cycle the tank, the beneficial bacteria like the warm temp.

Back
Top Bottom