40 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 40 gallon tank and in it there's 5 platys, 1 sumo loach, 1 angelfish, 6 Cory cats, a scissortail rasbora yes i know their schooling fish but nobody carries them around me and i got him when he was a donation fish, and an auto cat which some people say need groups and some people say they don't. (he seems pretty happy i have had him for like 3 years). My platy is pregnant so i want space to keep 4-5 of them between when she has babies and when my hi-fin gets pregnant. I do weekly 25% water changes. Any advice for what i should get. If i even have any space after 4-5 platys. The tank has 2 driftwood pieces, a large cichlid stone in the corner and along the back and sides some water sprite, anubis, something that looks kinda like java fern and some dwarf sagataria. I have more plants planned.

Would i be able to keep 5 platys, get 2 more corys, 6 schooling fish, and 3 guppys? Sounds like it will be overstocked but sombody said my tank is not even close to max stock.

Back
Top Bottom