40B stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah send em all to brookster, nothing says I love ya man quite like a box of baby cons lol

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Their every where! It is cool though to watch them keep the fry in one place.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank needs a bala shark! But seriously...that would make for some food watching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank needs a bala shark! But seriously...that would make for some food watching.

Look at Brookster telling me to over stock my tank. Lol. Don't balas get like a foot long?

That looked like a bit more than 80 fry, I think brookster really has to lend a helping hand :D

That looked like a bit more than 80 fry, I think brookster really has to lend a helping hand :D

Yea there must have been eggs in the sand or some where else because the ones on the back glass were in a group about the size of a quarter.

Not over stocking, actually population control.. 80 cons is overstocked:p I was half kidding...

Not over stocking, actually population control.. 80 cons is overstocked:p I was half kidding...

Lol. I know brookster. Your one of the members I can give a hard time and hope you know I'm joking. In all seriousness I need to find someone to take this pair because I hand an easy foot on each side of this tank. That means a 75 will fit where it's at.
I kinda miss my Lyonsi.

I can take it.. im a big manchild. HUKIT knows some great cichlid recipes!

The animal shelter I work as has a nice albino Oscar for ya right now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Update time
Well I left for work on Monday and the cons were doing the usual. Rounding up the fry that swam too far from the group. At this point I was still trying to find some one to take the pair.
Well I came home Monday night to most of the fry gone and the female torn to shreds. I'm assuming the male did it because the only other fish are 5 Buenos aires tetras. As of today there are no fry to be found. I'm taking the male to the local pet shop this week end.
So at this point again I'm just not sure where to go with this tank. The Idea of breeding has well worn off as a planted tank has also. I'm able to upgrade to a 75 when needed but that's the max. I also keep tossing around doing another Lyonsi or possibly a few uaru and severums but I think a 75 might not be enough for uaru's
So once again toss any Ideas out there that you might have.

Back
Top Bottom