40g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owl307

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 40g tank I was thinking of putting angels in. Would this becokay? What requirements do they need? I've never kept angels before, maybe a pair? What fish could go with them or would I be able to breed a pair of angels in there?

That would be fine for angels. They need atleast 30 gallons, and aside from fish flakes you should be feeding them either live or frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp/beefheart. I like to feed mine live, worms.

I bred a pair in my 37 gallon.

would i be able to breed them in there i have plenty of extra tanks.would they need dither or target fish of some sort. Can they live in high p.h levels? I can give the tank all to themselves.

Yeah it can work, they don't need dither fish but some good tetras that go good with them are flame, bloodfin and lemon tetras. If you want to breed them, go on Jazzy78910's YouTube channel. He has a great video on breeding angelfish.

Ok I'll keep my eye out for them. That is a great video there on YouTube. How do you know if you get a pair and how can you tell their gender? I'd love to have fry!!!

Its almos inpossible to sex angels. I learned by watching which one was laying the eggs. To see if you get a pair they usually swim together.

Also if you want to breed them, give them a flat surface near a water current.

I haven't seen part two I'll have to check. How many angels could go in a 40g Could I split it with a tank divider and have 2 pairs?

Maybe you can ask your LFS if they have a pair that's breeding you never know. The only possible way to sex them is with the papilla, when they're fully mature. A papilla is a breeding tube below the angel, females have round, fat ones, males have skinny long ones.

You shouldn't have any trouble rehoming the other angels once a pair forms. Most LFSs will take them back. If you have doubts about their policy, it doesn't hurt to ask before you buy. A single angel is a nice centerpiece if you don't want to deal with the aggression from a pair.

well, i had to buy 6 and devote a 55 to them to eventually form the 2 pairs i have there today. it takes patience cause, the angels wont always get along.. they are cichlids remember..

I'll have to ask my Lfs but I was planning on getting my angels from a breeder, maybe from the gcca swap I need to look up the next date though. My sister got an angel, only one. It's her first one like mine will be. A beautiful young black lace. That's the angel that inspired me to put the 4og to work. Do they need any special substrate?

Thanks, I was reading and what would happen if on of the fins became bent of broke off.

Back
Top Bottom