40gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another update pic.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/peglegburnout/09282006001.jpg

I removed l. Brevipes and added Rotala wallichii behind the sword plant (needs to grow a bit as the sword is blocking the view in the pic). Also added rotala magenta left side of the sword. Speaking of the sword I might have to replace it because the leaves are getting to be about 15" long. If it keeps growing like that it will shadow the plants under it too much.

Giant hygro has "perked up" a good bit to. Elatine triandra seems to have stopped growing like it was for some reason though :? .

Well It's been a while since I have posted any updates or anything for that matter. I've been really busy lately it seems. Here is the latest pic of this tank

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/peglegburnout/10262006006.jpg

I've moved stuff around a bit. Moved the sword to the far left corner, planted a big bunch of didiplis diandra where the sword was. Got rid of a few green crypts. The giant hygro growth has exploded! The stargrass is not doing well though. I think either the rainbows or serpeas maybe eating at the new growth.

I have been dosing EI now for about a month. Personally I can't tell a difference before and after starting EI. One thing I have been doing though is replacing the diy co2 bottles on a regular basis. On this tank 1 bottle (3 in all) gets replaced every week. The foxtail pearls so much that it's crazy! I may try to go with 4 bottles and change two every weeks.

Still my Elatine triandra is not doing anything. I don't think it has grown any this past month. My guess now is that it is being shaded too much. 4 leaf clover also has done nothing.

Been a while since I updated this thread. This tank has gone through many re-do's. Here are a few pics since the last update.

On 1/7/07
img_805016_0_ab64fecfb173ba13bf72479302866737.jpg

On 3/8/07
img_805016_1_8fb332dc9de792dfb494eda2d0be0b7f.jpg

I had a big DIY CO2 accident a month or so ago and I lost half of my fish. I decided to rescape it after that.

Here it is as of today.

img_805016_2_b11766c3bf55745564872d6dff89c8e9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom