45 stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a pretty good idea about what I want..... It might be fo or reef... But what species can I keep in my tank in terms of
Lionfish
Triggerfish
Pufferfish
Boxfish
Cowfish
Eels
I know there are probably several that I can't have any of, but I have gotten contrasting info. and need some help.
Oh and 45 gallon tan.
Thanks a ton!

I know....but which could I keep in my tank size as a fo or fowlr?

a small eel, like a snowflake, for a while. some of the smaller puffers like valentini, or leopard. that's it.

I feel stupid but does that mean that dwarfs are too big? Sry it's so dumb...:/

Oh.....4 inches is too big? Doesnt that make anglers too big? Or did I miss something? Cuz I thought dwarfs were most likely to fit out of the group......fuzzys different?

How big was your tank? 45 g? I'd honestly say it's a borderline issue on the dwarf. I kept my baby 1 inch fuzzy in a 32 g for a month but only because I was upgrading to a 72 g tank and only because he was an inch long. I found that everything I really wanted I was told my 32 g tank was just too small for.... Your 45 is a little bigger but like I said it's going to be borderline too small for a lot of fish. Your best bet is to do as much research as you can on each fish and ask the experts here on this site just like you're doing. Mr. X there always seems to know what he's talking about

eh..not always..but i try. i meant that a softball sized fish that swims around is going to find a 45 less than optimal, but an angler, that rarely ever swims, will find it much more to his liking.

eels for the most part are pretty inactive as well, at least my snowflake was. I had him in a 20 for a while.

Oh.....I see! I guess this isn't one of the lions that spends most of its time perching, I thought it was, my bad!

Well most do but not all the time. They move around a lot when on the hunt and what not, plus they have a fairly entertaining "I'm gunna eat you" dance that they do before the swallow their prey whole which they need some space for as well.

Sounds like a cool fish :( oh well though, valentini, angler, snowflake, that's something!

besides the size of the fish, you should also consider their feeding habits. you are going to be putting a lot of meaty foods in that tank for predators. keep this in mind. you could foul the water of a tank that size pretty easily if you load it up with these guys.

Ok, I'll be sure to be careful, I'll go slow, and might just stick with the puffer, although the angler interests me....

Back
Top Bottom