5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Petsmart today and they had dwarf baby tears! :) I only got one because it was the only healthy looking one out of the two. I can't wait for it to cover the bottom! I will post some pictures once I get it into the tank.

maxwellag said:
Thanks... I wanted to pull my hair out when I was taking it out of the pot material. It was rooted in there really well!

Haha yeah same here! It took me 30 mins to try n get the potting stuff off of it. Also, dwarf baby tears needs strong light, a good substrate meant for plants, and co2. But I have heard of people growing it in a low-tech setup. I'm pretty sure it won't have the carpet affect with low-tech setup. Sorry:(

Austin.b said:
Haha yeah same here! It took me 30 mins to try n get the potting stuff off of it. Also, dwarf baby tears needs strong light, a good substrate meant for plants, and co2. But I have heard of people growing it in a low-tech setup. I'm pretty sure it won't have the carpet affect with low-tech setup. Sorry:(

This is a high tech setup. I dose pressurized co2 and I have a high amount of light (the fixture is a 27 watt power compact)
Oh and I have natural and smooth pea gravel. It isn't really meant for plants but it will be fine.

adadkins1 said:
Yeah, this is a high-tech setup.

Max, did you ever get some floaters?

I think so. Jetajockey PMed me and I think I will get some from him.

Good choice, I was gonna offer you some of the duckweed I got from him. The stuff rocks, my nitrAtes are only 5ppm in my 55g tank. Just have to grab some off the filter intake every couple of days so my filters don't stop up.

I found some extra T5HO fixture mounting legs and thought I would make my light look more like a T5HO. Lol
That allowed me to move the filter to the back again. I'm happy with the look now.

Soon I will be getting a new co2 diffuser and bubble counter. I am anxious to replace the big and ugly diffuser that I have! LOL
I am also going to get some 4dkh solution so I can start using the drop checker, and then I will be able to have fish or inverts in there without gassing them.
My driftwood is still leaching tannins. :( I am going to have to take it out and detach the java mos, then run it through the dishwasher.

I can't wait to see how everything looks when you get it stocked.

Why do you not like the driftwood leaching? If you want, you can boil it (or dishwasher may work) and it should slow down or stop.

I ordered 4dkh solution. It should be here by tomorrow or Friday.
EDIT: I just checked the tracking info and the package was delivered to USPS office in Florida yesterday... So it won't be here until sometime next week.

I have a gift certificate to spend at one of my favorite LFSs (this one is the best for plants)

more dwarf baby tears! :) they were super happy and there was about 5 times as much of it per pot as there was at Petsmart... All the new patches are from just one pot of it. :) and it was for only 5$!
Hopefully I can get it to cover the bottom way faster now.

absolutangel04 said:
The baby tears are looking nice. :)

Thanks. :) my petsmart also has pretty good plants... I was there and they had dwarf baby tears almost as healthy as these new ones

4dkh solution came! I set up the drop checker. It was blue at first so I waited a few hours and it was still blue, so I filled up the diffuser again. Now it's lime green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom