5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fort384 said:
I have run co2 on every RCS tank I have had with no problems.

OK, maybe I will do RCS. I think I found the right amount of co2, too!

reading this thread inspired me to upgrade my 5g Eclipse corner tank. Currently I have one betta and 3 celestial pearl danios (chili rasboras) in it. It is planted, without CO2. Plants are doing OK, I am dosing fertilizer daily. Unfortunately it causes algae to grow like crazy. Also light is a bit silly. It only shines directly on the front half of the tank, because rear half is covered by filter.
Let me know how that fluval co2 work for you. How long does one co2 cartridge last.
Good luck with your tank. I am following your thread!

EDIT: My upgrade plan is to remove black cover, frame and filter. Replace it with HOB filter, stronger light, glass cover and dose CO2.

Ice Man said:
reading this thread inspired me to upgrade my 5g Eclipse corner tank. Currently I have one betta and 3 celestial pearl danios (chili rasboras) in it. It is planted, without CO2. Plants are doing OK, I am dosing fertilizer daily. Unfortunately it causes algae to grow like crazy. Also light is a bit silly. It only shines directly on the front half of the tank, because rear half is covered by filter.
Let me know how that fluval co2 work for you. How long does one co2 cartridge last.
Good luck with your tank. I am following your thread!

EDIT: My upgrade plan is to remove black cover, frame and filter. Replace it with HOB filter, stronger light, glass cover and dose CO2.

One cartridge lasts about a month. I like it but want to get a better diffuser for it.

I just made another decision... I will not put RCS, but another kind of shrimp in there. Since I am thinking that RCS will be the most popular thing that I will be selling, I am going to keep them in the 10g. I also don't feel like spending my day spying little shrimplets and catching them...

Lol, it sounds like it!
Personally, I think the yellow and blueberry are really cool. But, I think all those varieties are pretty darn cool. Lol.

Lol, it sounds like it!
Personally, I think the yellow and blueberry are really cool. But, I think all those varieties are pretty darn cool. Lol.

It also depends on what I can find... I have an a ton of RCS (I have my own little factory) so I want something else for this tank. I am leaning towards CRS because I can actually find them for sale (not locally, but online) while shrimp like blueberry and yellow are super hard to find.

Yeah, since they are so many you like, availability is a good way to narrow it down. Thats actually what I am currently doing for a 1g tank as well. I don't need more rcs, so I am seeing what I can actually find rather than getting my heart set on something obscure. :)

Yeah, since they are so many you like, availability is a good way to narrow it down. Thats actually what I am currently doing for a 1g tank as well. I don't need more rcs, so I am seeing what I can actually find rather than getting my heart set on something obscure. :)
I am like that too. I wanted sulawesi shrimp but that wasnt quiet reasonable. I am now looking for blue tigers myself.

The dwarf baby tears is growing well. It has grown more tall than wide, though.

Narrowed it down to two... Crystal reds or yellows. What do you guys think?

I like them both, but with the gravel you have I think the crs would stand out more. I believe the crs might be more sensitive, but I am not positive about that.

absolutangel04 said:
I like them both, but with the gravel you have I think the crs would stand out more. I believe the crs might be more sensitive, but I am not positive about that.

I don't think it matters how sensitive they are because I have an aquaclear 20 and do a 50% water change every week. :) I could always change the gravel...

I can't remember at the moment, are they going to be the only things in there? Have you been able to locate either variety for a good price?

absolutangel04 said:
I can't remember at the moment, are they going to be the only things in there? Have you been able to locate either variety for a good price?

Yes, I have been able to find good ones on Ebay. 5 of them shipped for $40. That is the cheapest I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom