5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. Here is how to refill. You need a larger canister of CO2, and a fitting that adapts it to airline tubing size. When one Fluval CO2 cartridge is empty, connect one end of some air line tubing into the valve that the Fluval kit comes with. Make sure it is connected securely. Also open the Fluval CO2 valve all the way. Then, connect the other end of the tubing to the larger CO2 tank, and slowly open the valve/fitting. After a while the Fluval canister should be filled, and then you can close the valves of both CO2 tanks. I hope that was understandable. Lol
I have not personally done this yet, but I am quite confident that it works.

Ok.. Here is how to refill. You need a larger canister of CO2, and a fitting that adapts it to airline tubing size. When one Fluval CO2 cartridge is empty, connect one end of some air line tubing into the valve that the Fluval kit comes with. Make sure it is connected securely. Also open the Fluval CO2 valve all the way. Then, connect the other end of the tubing to the larger CO2 tank, and slowly open the valve/fitting. After a while the Fluval canister should be filled, and then you can close the valves of both CO2 tanks. I hope that was understandable. Lol
I have not personally done this yet, but I am quite confident that it works.

Ah! I thought you had already refilled one of them, LOL.

Basically, you'd be using the pressure from the larger, full CO2 tank to fill the smaller Fluval tank. What that should do is equalize the pressure between the two canisters, but it's hard to say if that would successfully fill up the Fluval canister to full.

I wonder how much bigger the other canister would have to be? My 20g tank will soon have a 20 ounce CO2 tank, but I'm not sure that would be enough.

:( they won't be here until Thursday for some unknown reason in shipping.

If they arrive alive I will get them in the tank, post pics and say who I got them from. If not, I will order some more from the same person and hope the shipping doesn't get delayed again.

Yeah, hopefully they make it. Is there any bad weather going on? If not, they should be ok for another day in the bags. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, hopefully they make it. Is there any bad weather going on? If not, they should be ok for another day in the bags. :)

Yeah, they have a heat pack. I'm just worried because Thursday (when they are supposed to arrive) my area has a high in the 60s and a low in the 30s. And usually the package is on the mail truck in the outside temperatures for like 2 hours before it's delivered.

jetajockey said:
Usually mail trucks are fairly climate controlled since the driver is sharing the same area, so hope all is well!

Oh... I thought they kept a lot of their packages in the rear compartment... Maybe they do, and it is connected. Idk...

jetajockey said:
That's how the trucks are here, but from what I recall the entire truck is all connected together kind of like a van.

In some of the rural neighborhoods here, they actually use mini vans to deliver mail. LOL. I think it is probably somewhat climate controlled. Even if it isn't, the driver probably radiates heat.

Yeah, I think the biggest threats to a package in the shipping process is rough handling and the package being left in the elements. Usually, well insulated and marked packages get treated fairly well, but there's no telling if the box was sitting on a loading dock somewhere in 20 below weather for hours on end, or if the delivery man throws it on someone's 100 degree porch for the person to find hours later.

I forgot to tell you guys, I got 2 more pots of dwarf baby tears. I just stuck them in their pots inside the tank because I didn't have much time. I will post a picture as soon as I can.

jetajockey said:
Yeah, I think the biggest threats to a package in the shipping process is rough handling and the package being left in the elements. Usually, well insulated and marked packages get treated fairly well, but there's no telling if the box was sitting on a loading dock somewhere in 20 below weather for hours on end, or if the delivery man throws it on someone's 100 degree porch for the person to find hours later.

Well, I guess the upside to this delay is that it will be slightly warmer tomorrow than it is today. Today's high is 46 and the low is 28 while tomorrow's high is in the 60s and the low is in the 40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom