5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the alpha male colored up again. This time I got a picture. The second picture is a female (I think) just to show the difference.

Thanks! :) they do that a lot. One colored up today. I am hoping for some babies!

Since this tank is a nano, what are you going to do if you do get some hatch-lings? I'm assuming that even with nano fish, there's still a limit to how many you can keep in there.

BTW, nice pictures. :)

James_in_MN said:
Since this tank is a nano, what are you going to do if you do get some hatch-lings? I'm assuming that even with nano fish, there's still a limit to how many you can keep in there.

BTW, nice pictures. :)

Well, I will probably let them grow up in this tank and then sell them. But I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I have a spare 1g that I can use as extra space for fry if I need. Oh and thanks. :)

I'm hatching some brine shrimp for them to eat. I hope they will be able to see them well enough to eat them!

jetajockey said:
They love bbs, you'll see a lot of activity when you add it.

Good, I'll take a video then. Hopefully the shrimp will be all hatched by Friday.

I ordered a blue led moonlight strip that I might put on this tank.

I don't think they hatched correctly. I don't see any swimming around. I added 1/2 cup of aquarium salt to one gallon of water. Is that the right ratio? I also used an airstone to tumble the eggs. Now all I see is non moving white things.

No wonder they weren't hatching. :) I added way too much salt. I re-did it with 2 tablespoons of salt and I think it will work.

I decided to order 2 moonlight strips, so one will be on this tank for sure. I am thinking about switching to black sand or PFS.

Hmmm... Black sand would make the males hard to see when colored up, but tan sand would make the females and males hard to see when not colored up. Which would you guys rather be able to see? lol

Should have it changed by tomorrow if I have time. I might also put the driftwood tree back, if I can get it in the dishwasher to get those tannins out.

Done. :) this sand looks awesome in blue LED light. Can't wait until the moonlight strip arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom