5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thoughts on a chalk bass for this tank.

The tank ended up being a 10, but if they need a 20 still not big enough.

I'm looking for a fairly active swimmer that isn't a clown. Ideas?

I'm looking for a fairly active swimmer that isn't a clown. Ideas?

There are none, any open water swimmer needs a much larger tank. Actually almost all sw fish need a larger tank. A tiny goby may work but that's even pushing it

Fire fish

I've read that fire fish hide a lot. Is this not true? I really like the purple fire fish but want a fish that actually swims around and keeps the tank active looking.

I've read that fire fish hide a lot. Is this not true? I really like the purple fire fish but want a fish that actually swims around and keeps the tank active looking.

Depends in their personality. Some like to hover in the middle, other like to hide under rocks.

I've never seen one of these here. Is it a common fish in the trade?

Not many people have them but they are pretty common and cool. There are two on liveaquaria, Tankas Pygmy Wrasse and Possum Wrasse. They aren't exactly the same, but they are very close.

Not many people have them but they are pretty common and cool. There are two on liveaquaria, Tankas Pygmy Wrasse and Possum Wrasse. They aren't exactly the same, but they are very close.

But they will not fit in a 5, neither will a firefish.

I just added a firefish to my 20 gallon with 2 occ clowns and somedays he's always out and other days he stays in his hiding spot

Attachments

• 1397486391538.jpg
    1397486391538.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 81
just going to throw it out there that the skunk cleaner is hilarious and active! maybe a small goby, skunk cleaner, and some nice corals

Tank is finally cycled! Did a huge water change to bring the nitrates down to 5. Everything else is reading where it should be. Planning on getting stuff this weekend either tonight or tomorrow. Here's what I'm wondering:

Fish: narrowed down to 3
Goby (aurora, clown, or neon)
Firefish
Possum Wrasse

Can I do all 3? If not which 2 would you pick?

Inverts: since I did mostly base rock and only a few pieces of live rock there is next to no algae in the tank. Should I do inverts or wait until the algae covers more of the rock? Maybe just get a few snails to clean up uneaten food? Also how do I encourage good algae growth?

Corals: I'd like to get 1 or 2 coals this weekend since my tank is just stark white right now. In my brain, I see both rock Islands covered in Zoas maybe Mushrooms and the smaller Island having some sort of tree looking coral. My question is the top of the larger Island is right under the outflow of the filter. Will this be too much flow? I attached a pic of the tank. I took it while I was doing the water change so the water level is low.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 1397844612289.jpg
    1397844612289.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom