54g corner project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like an return issue. Clog in pvc or not a big enough opening

Exactly; I am thinking return pump. no clogs in any plumbing. Water is being returned back to tank so fast that the water level begins to rise and we fear a flood so have to shut the system down agian. keep running a
h.o.t. Magnum filter interim gah. magic easy button please

Exactly; I am thinking return pump. no clogs in any plumbing. Water is being returned back to tank so fast that the water level begins to rise and we fear a flood so have to shut the system down agian. keep running a
h.o.t. Magnum filter interim gah. magic easy button please

This WILL happen, which is why you need to establish high/low lines on your sump... You basically need to fill the tank as high as you can until it starts to drain, and then immediately stop. Then you fill the sump to where the highest point is that you want it at. This will ensure that the sump will not overflow when power is disrupted. There is a calculator that asks how much water over the overflow drain you want water to be up to, I'll try to find it and post it...

So; I need to drain my sump completely, raise dt water level to where it starts going into sump. when the sump water level gets to where i want it then fire up the system(overflow and return pump)? Is this correct?

So; I need to drain my sump completely, raise dt water level to where it starts going into sump. when the sump water level gets to where i want it then fire up the system(overflow and return pump)? Is this correct?

Yes but you need to make sure the water that's over the baffles in the sump can fit in the DT without overflowing it...

Sump has been running consistently since saturday wooohoooo. the valve is turned almost off but it is operational. ordered a new skimmer since the first broke gah.

ForumRunner_20130226_223338.jpg

ForumRunner_20130226_223354.jpg

What is up with my duncan? tightly closed yesterday. I did a hefty 20g pwc this morning and still not open very much. :(

All moves in at the Beginning of the month
All params on spot
When I noticed it all closed up tight I moved it into more lighting and flow. it has opened a little but not much

I had one and lost it in my last tank, I wasn't ready for large polyp stony corals. But anyways stay alert but optimistic. Some of my corals have contracted and closed for days only to work on forming another head or growing bigger.

Is your duncans heads oriented up toward your lights or is it actually sideways as the pic shows? I have a duncan in my nano tank for 3 wks and is doing super..full xtension on head..i have under led lights..middle level..had on bottom and looked like yours..very unhappy...growing a second head now... :)

Facing up to middle of tank. It really opened big when powerhead got unplugged lol sooo i moved it again gah

Gah... Still struggling with the water flow issues. balancing water level in sump and dt. Redid plumbing twice already. turned off researching to do a third time!!! Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance lol

Gah... Still struggling with the water flow issues. balancing water level in sump and dt. Redid plumbing twice already. turned off researching to do a third time!!! Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance lol

Can you put a pic of your overflow setup, sump, pump etc and provide specs on all of the above?

Back
Top Bottom