54g corner project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could try and plumb some 90 elbows into the return line to slow down the flow.

We actually did have several 90* elbows and an extension to help relieve water pressure. i dunno maybe we need MORE 90* eeks. I just want this part DONE waaaa :'(

Hubby suggested drilling another hole in the lid that the overflow goes into and putting adding anothertube from the return so that someof the return water is deviated and put back into the sump. any thoughts on this technique?

It is suppose to be purple and green but yeah it has 6 stalks currently. i got it from craig's list for $40. good price??

Well; new develolpment...probably gonna have to purchase a NEW overflow box due to water level not able to keep up with the return pump. this will be the third overfliw box i have had to buy...ugh!!! I have since learned of a CPR unit with an aqualifter. Does anyone have any experience with these?

So; I have a stocking question...
How many fish to put in tank? I currently have 1 (Spike...a firefish),3 blue leg hermit crabs, 1 emerald crab, 2 turbo snails & 2 nassarus snails

I have been looking at possibilities online. I have a strong albeit sneaky suspicion I will have to downsize my wish list gah

Well I have 3 occelaris clowns, 1 yellow tang, 1 flame angel, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 tail spot blenny, 1 bullseye jawfish, 1 yellow clown goby. 15 tiny hermit crabs, had 1 tiger cucumber, but it has split and so I have 2 now lol. Think I might trade my black and orange clowns for one golden maroon clown <- there one of my fav's I do lots of PWC to keep it good though.

How many really depends on what size fish you get. The Firefish is obviously a nano fish and won't produce high amounts if waste. If you get all nano fish, you can get more than if you get bigger fish that produce more waste. So post your wish list and we'll see if you should pare it down. :)

2 black/ ocellaris clowns
Blue reef chromis (not sure on quantity)
Strawberry pseudochromis
? Blue spot jawfish ?
Clown goby (green or yellow)
?Banner fish? (suddenly hard to find)
Flame Angel
Blue linkia starfish
Fire shrimp
?Coral banded Boxer shrimp?

This is reduced from my original list and still needs further cuts

To me it doesn't look that bad, blue spot jawfish def. one of my wish list fish lol. Also if you plan on getting corals like acro's, the yellow clown goby will go after the polyps on it. I had a Red Planet and Crazy Plum in my nano when it was running, and he wouldn't leave them alone. I will probably have to get mine out of the 54 some day.

To me it doesn't look that bad, blue spot jawfish def. one of my wish list fish lol. Also if you plan on getting corals like acro's, the yellow clown goby will go after the polyps on it. I had a Red Planet and Crazy Plum in my nano when it was running, and he wouldn't leave them alone. I will probably have to get mine out of the 54 some day.

I was shooting for a variety of colors and funny personality from fish. I was told I should only have 3-4 fish with a reef tank by several lfs ugh

I have more than 3 fish in my reef. Other than the bannerfish (needs a 125), The list looks okay to me. Could replace the banner fish with something else, though. Chalk bass are cool and colorful.

I had a chalk bassalet it jumped ship drats
I am wondering if blue reef chromis are hard on each other as I hear the blue/green chromis are in groups

Back
Top Bottom