55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NikkiG78

Aquarium Advice Regular
Its pretty bare. Eventually it will have more fish, plants, and decorations.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110910_223113.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110910_223113.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20110910_223128.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110910_223128.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20110910_223147.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110910_223147.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20110910_223204.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110910_223204.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 108
Before, I just had tanks because I liked watching the fish swim but now I'm getting more involved and interested in the different fish and things I can do with my tank. I don't have a lot of money to spend so it will take time but I am open to ideas and would love some advice.

what you do with a tank really depends on the fish you plan to put in there. a 55 gal tank is a nice tank and can do a fair amount. So once you decided on what fish people can give a better say on what they would do. I personally like driftwood and plants if the fish in the tank allow it.

I am wanting to go with fish with a little color or just nice to look at. I'm eventually going to get some neon plastic plants and some real plants I'm just not sure what are inexpensive and easy to care for. I was wanting a Black Ghost Knife but they are Semi-aggressive and I'm not sure I can put one in with my tetras, Danio, and glowfish. I also think that those (tetras and others) are a little to small for my 55. I need another tank then once some of my convict cichlids (I have over 50) pair up, I can get rid of most of them and move them to a smaller tank and move my tetras to the tank the cichlids are currently in and free up my 55 for bigger fish. Idk, this is new to me

I highly recommend you put a black background (inexpensive) ... that along with that great dark gravel you have will make the colors pop.

jcolon said:
I highly recommend you put a black background (inexpensive) ... that along with that great dark gravel you have will make the colors pop.

Do you think black would be too dark?

adammorrill said:
if you want color i like gouramis and rainbowfish:)

Can they go in with my tetras and others? They are so little I'm afraid they will get eaten or picked on.

Do you think black would be too dark?

Not at all ... I thought the same thing ... it's will make the tank too dark ... but as long as you have good lights, the dark substrate and background will really contrast with any color and really pop!

redsea said:
Nice aquarium! I like neons! :)

Thank you :) I anxious to see what my Zebra Danio fry are going to look like, the male is a Red Glofish.

not sure but looks like you can see it in 2 rooms if thats the case i wouldnt paint the back

Valous said:
not sure but looks like you can see it in 2 rooms if thats the case i wouldnt paint the back

It's actually in front of my fireplace because we never use it. And you can see the loveseat behind me in the pic......

Back
Top Bottom