55 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The stand looks awesome I would definitely invest in the octopus skimmer or the Aqua C both great skimmers. I actually own the insump Octopus xp2000 cone Skimmer and I'm very happy with it.

Des this seem like a good idea? I want to grow corals is this enough ?

Stand is looking great! Nice job. Maybe I'm blind but I didn't see an electrical outlet...

Compact lighting is good for corals that don't need much lighting. If you want to have some of the fancier corals your going to need to get either T5 , MHL or LEDs.

Did you add it in after the first pic? That's what I was going off. I just saw bare walls. I just brought it up because it would be something I would totally do. Get it all built and the. Realize I didn't have an outlet. Lol

Haha i put in outlet in there . I did a bridge from my kitchen , and went underground and put the wires inside the stand

With what u got goin with the location of the tank and wanting to build a reef I suggest a sump/refugium, moves all your equipment underneath in the cabinet and easy DIY

Steve silbernagel said:
With what u got goin with the location of the tank and wanting to build a reef I suggest a sump/refugium, moves all your equipment underneath in the cabinet and easy DIY

1+ . By having a sump it will allow you to hide your equipment. So that your display tank doesn't look so congested with equipment. It will also add more water volume to your system in which the tank will be more stable.

I also agree with adding a sump. Also I suggest if your stand is deep enough to get a 75g instead of 55. Much nicer tank to work with for doing your rock scape. A 75 is 4 feet long and 18 inches from front to back and the same height as a 55 which I believe is around 18 inches. The extra 6 inches front to back makes a world of difference.

SOunds like a good idea, but I want to learn about lighting , I've been looking around for good offers , does this one work to keep corals ?

Attachments

• image-3609205015.jpg
    image-3609205015.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 132
I got power compact but I also am using 8 24" 65w bulbs though(corallife retro fit kit) 4 blue and 4 white.

Attachments

• image-707612211.jpg
    image-707612211.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 170
I found out this past weekend that there are different sizes of 75's. My old one was 48x18, my new one is 48x15 and taller.

Help! Will these lights satisfy the needs of corals ?

Attachments

• image-3457738296.jpg
    image-3457738296.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image-287706685.jpg
    image-287706685.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 73
I have a 4 bulb coralife T5ho over my 36. I was able to keep softies under it. I had LPS under it, but they just bleached until I put them under my radions in my 55.

Back
Top Bottom