55 gallon Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my updated tank.
3856692483_89f7d734eb.jpg
3856692475_61b6dd78ca.jpg
3856692477_5f07771fd8.jpg
3856692481_f51d8b6006.jpg

Enough rocks?

Looks awesome A1! I would suggest more rocks if you're having africans, though. Basically, as I understand it, the rule is "pile them as high as you can" :D

A poster more experienced with african cichlids would be able to give better feedback, but you could definitely use more rocks, no question.

Definately stick some more rocks in there after you recover from all the trips to the creek :) Looking good. Hopfully you have better luck than i am though :(

Wat's wrong?

Btw, I thot I had enough rocks. I pretty much got most of the rocks tht were in the creek. I guess I'm gonna have to ask for those rocks back mfd lol jk.I'll just have to keep looking. My parents would never believe I didn't have enough rocks.

:} My tank is cycled!!!
Ammonia 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 5-10
I'll do a 50% pwc tomorrow. I can't w8 til I get money for fish. lol.

Lol yeah once I get some money. I hav 2 get som food for them first anyway but I am going to look at their cichlids.

Hey, while your saving up money for fish, and if your not getting them within a couple days, you need to feed the tank. You don't want you're bacteria colony to die off do you? ;) Just remember that they aren't self sustaining and will die if there is no ammonia source. Just a little reminder.

Hey, while your saving up money for fish, and if your not getting them within a couple days, you need to feed the tank. You don't want you're bacteria colony to die off do you? ;) Just remember that they aren't self sustaining and will die if there is no ammonia source. Just a little reminder.

Yeah I know thanks.

I did my water change and got all my clothes and my floor wet. lol.

Swimming is always fun :D

I went to the lfs on my way home today saw some acei. I almost bought them, but then remembered that I dont have a tank for em.
Ah impulses....I want a cichlid tank soo bad. Bleh.

Swimming is always fun :D

I went to the lfs on my way home today saw some acei. I almost bought them, but then remembered that I dont have a tank for em.
Ah impulses....I want a cichlid tank soo bad. Bleh.

lol, I'm broke, and after I mow the yard, because of my filter media, I'll only get 6 dollars, which will have to be used for the food :(.

Back
Top Bottom