55 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was thinking for a 55 gallon

(Recommended number) Bala shark(s)
1 rainbow shark
1-2 angel fish
2-3 black kuhli loaches
2-3 ottos

If anyone has any suggestions of more beautiful fish for me to add please share! :)

0 Bala Sharks but the rest sounds great

What would you think about some barbs???

In a 55G you could support 6 barbs which should decrease the odds of fin nipping and give enough space for the barbs and angel not to be in each others faces all day so that sounds fine to me...

Of course there's always a risk with barbs and long finned fish but with that stocking I'd say you'd have a good chance of success.

In a 55G you could support 6 barbs which should decrease the odds of fin nipping and give enough space for the barbs and angel not to be in each others faces all day so that sounds fine to me...

Of course there's always a risk with barbs and long finned fish but with that stocking I'd say you'd have a good chance of success.

Alright well great!!! Thanks for the help!!

You could add a bristlenose pleco, they only get to be around 5-6 inches

Attachments

• image-197641596.jpg
    image-197641596.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1059589028.jpg
    image-1059589028.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 61
Sure, just add two ottos, maybe three and the bn pleco, you can feed him algae wafers in order for him to get a balanced diet and for him to leave some algae for the ottos

Hey Ryan, cool to see your expanding! Do you already have your setup or do you know what your setup is going to consist of?

Hey Ryan, cool to see your expanding! Do you already have your setup or do you know what your setup is going to consist of?

Thanks! And hello again! And well, I was planning on a sand substrate and maybe a couple fake and live plants! And this really cool fake rock formation decoration!my tank is empty right now, got it opened about 2 hours ago!

Attachments

• image-3083199587.jpg
    image-3083199587.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1427086082.jpg
    image-1427086082.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 59
Thanks! And hello again! And well, I was planning on a sand substrate and maybe a couple fake and live plants! And this really cool fake rock formation decoration!my tank is empty right now, got it opened about 2 hours ago!

That's nice man, it will bring you good I'm sure of it. I know money's tight everywhere but after you get her good and going look around at LEDS, there's plenty of low light plants and prices have dropped significantly. You will only require 1/3 the watts per gallon( being it's less than 30" deep) thus resulting in less electricity and WAAYY better lighting. But that will work for now, it's very nice just the way it is for a long time to come.

That's nice man, it will bring you good I'm sure of it. I know money's tight everywhere but after you get her good and going look around at LEDS, there's plenty of low light plants and prices have dropped significantly. You will only require 1/3 the watts per gallon( being it's less than 30" deep) thus resulting in less electricity and WAAYY better lighting. But that will work for now, it's very nice just the way it is for a long time to come.

Thank you! I'm really excited for it! I can't wait to get the fish in and everything after I cycle it!

I have a 55g. Here is my stock:

1 albino BN pleco (if you are set on a pleco stick with BN)
1 raphael catfish
4 bronze cories
3 peppered cories
2 Bolivian rams
2 SAE's (Siamese algae eaters)
11 black ruby barbs
5 ornate rainbows
3 platys

If you like barbs, ruby barbs are an excellent alternative to tiger barbs because they are very peaceful and don't nip. They have the black stripes but once they fully color up they turn a beautiful deep red. They are super active fish! I absolutely LOVE mine.

I have a 55g. Here is my stock:

1 albino BN pleco (if you are set on a pleco stick with BN)
1 raphael catfish
4 bronze cories
3 peppered cories
2 Bolivian rams
2 SAE's (Siamese algae eaters)
11 black ruby barbs
5 ornate rainbows
3 platys

If you like barbs, ruby barbs are an excellent alternative to tiger barbs because they are very peaceful and don't nip. They have the black stripes but once they fully color up they turn a beautiful deep red. They are super active fish! I absolutely LOVE mine.

On nice! Yeah your right, the ruby barbs are pretty! Ill have to check to see if the LFS has them! Thanks! :)

On nice! Yeah your right, the ruby barbs are pretty! Ill have to check to see if the LFS has them! Thanks! :)

Is your LFS a privately owned one or a chain store? If its privately owned then chances are they will order a certain fish for you, mine does, that's how I got my ruby barbs :)

Is your LFS a privately owned one or a chain store? If its privately owned then chances are they will order a certain fish for you, mine does, that's how I got my ruby barbs :)

Oh ok! Well the name of it is Mr. Aquarium. Ill have to google to see if it is privately owned but this probably doesn't change thing but they have puffer fish and dwarf puffer fish. The other stores here don't have those! So maybe it is!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom