55 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbs have started picking at one of my plants and making some of the new growth fall off. :/ are they known to do this or maybe I'm just not feeding enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Should be getting my nerite snails in today! I'm so excited. :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444327058.710609.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444327070.611240.jpg

Got them in!! 5 of them total I can't wait to show my husband and son.

Just a a warning I have the same tree decoration that you have and my nerite snails are eating the paint off. Have to purchase some driftwood this weekend :( they have taken off more in the last 2 days.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1444335354249.jpg
    1444335354249.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 51
Thank you! ☺️

Oh goodness that is no good!! I bet the driftwood is going to look amazing though. I will keep an eye out for that for sure. Thank you!!!

No problem! Gotta find a piece that my loaches will love. Because that's their beloved hideout.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I hope you found the perfect piece for them!! I would love to get some driftwood in my tank it's so pretty. I love the more natural look then anything.

Ok so the nerite snails are AMAZING. They cleaned my whole tank up within like 3 days!! So crazy but very fun watching them go to work.

Finally bought me another filter today! I got the fluval aquaclear 50 gallon. Loving all the different media it had with it and it's soooo quiet! I'm actually thinking about eventually buying the biggest version and replacing my marineland biowheel that I have.

I prefer the Aquaclear over the Marineland anyday. My mother has marineland and changes the cartridges and minicycles her tank all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have fallen in love with it. I'm hoping I can replace my marineland soon I'm just not sure how I would seed the existing bb to the new media since they use different types of media. I already priced checked it and showed my husband. "Hint hint" for Christmas present ideas. ?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445988655.487078.jpg

Noticed one of my poor cories fins are nipped to little nubs! I thought they had good enough hiding from the barbs but I guess not. :( should I try rearranging or should I just add more plants? Any ideas? Don't mind the water line, time for a water change. D;

Added two new tank mates. ?? hard to get a picture of them. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446077375.386890.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446077397.657458.jpg

Debating on rehoming my tiger barbs. They keep picking at my plants and corys it's driving me crazy.

They are so fun to watch and stay so active but they can be little bullies. Which I knew before I got them but I think I just need to add more plants or something for my corys to hide in. I don't know how to keep them from nipping my new plant growth though.
My current stock is:
Cory cat x6
Tiger barb x7
Blue ram x2
Nerite snail x5

They are so fun to watch and stay so active but they can be little bullies. Which I knew before I got them but I think I just need to add more plants or something for my corys to hide in. I don't know how to keep them from nipping my new plant growth though.
My current stock is:
Cory cat x6
Tiger barb x7
Blue ram x2
Nerite snail x5

I've only kept tigers with more agressive cichlids in the past...do they try to bother the rams at all?

They have chased them a little bit but I haven't seen them bother them too much yet. Sometimes the Rams chase them off, they seem better about being able to keep away from the barbs. But I also haven't had the Rams for very long.

I was only feeding once a day but I've recently started feeding twice a day.They are like little piranhas when they eat lol my sons loves it.

Back
Top Bottom